Christmas and holiday assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Thevittores1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Christmas and holiday assistance

Post by Thevittores1 »

I'm looking for resources that i can go to for help with the Christmas holiday. I barely make it from month to month and recently faced an eviction, however we were able to keep our home but I have exhausted any and all money I had to save our home. Now with Christmas upon us I have no way of buying gifts for my kids, need some holiday meals, I think I missed Salvation Army's signup for their Christmas program so im looking for other resources to help me and family around the holidays.
my email is and I live in Vallejo, California
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Christmas and holiday assistance

Post by Admin »

There are several different places and organizations to turn to for help in Vallejo and Solano County California. Many will offer holiday and Christmas assistance, such as food, holiday gifts for children, and other aid. They include the following:
Dixon Family Assistance runs a food bank, provides rent and other emergency help. Call them at 707-678-0442. Also, did you try calling the Salvation Army of Fairfield California at 707 426-6244. As you mentioned, the Salvation Army usually offers holiday assistance, such as the Angel tree or other aid. Are you certain you missed the sign up?
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Thevittores1 wrote:I'm looking for resources that i can go to for help with the Christmas holiday. I barely make it from month to month and recently faced an eviction, however we were able to keep our home but I have exhausted any and all money I had to save our home. Now with Christmas upon us I have no way of buying gifts for my kids, need some holiday meals, I think I missed Salvation Army's signup for their Christmas program so im looking for other resources to help me and family around the holidays.
my email is and I live in Vallejo, California
lesliaklendman

Post by lesliaklendman »

Hello, I am a single mother of four, 3 teenage girls, and an eleven yr old boy with adhd. I need help for Christmas for my children. I work a part-time job, and barely enough money to pay my bills. Can someone please help us out this holiday. I have never ask for help like this before, because a had a job for 11yrs. and always helped when needed, this time i need someone to help me. May GOD Bless u. Atl. Georgia.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have both programs for Atlanta, and the greater Fulton County Georgia area. Here is a link for the county programs.
There are places like the Atlanta and Fulton County Salvation Army which has low income programs and advice, 404-486-2710
Another option for you may be the St. Martin in the Fields Emergency Assistance Fund, and that phone number is (404) 261-4292. Here is much more on non-profits, and charities in Atlanta.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
lesliaklendman wrote:Hello, I am a single mother of four, 3 teenage girls, and an eleven yr old boy with adhd. I need help for Christmas for my children. I work a part-time job, and barely enough money to pay my bills. Can someone please help us out this holiday. I have never ask for help like this before, because a had a job for 11yrs. and always helped when needed, this time i need someone to help me. May GOD Bless u. Atl. Georgia.
AnthonyMarshall

Post by AnthonyMarshall »

Please give any information that would lead to some help for Christmas gifts and food this season. The economy is just getting worse and prices for things are too high. Bills are too much still. I would appreciate the help and response. Thank you and God Bless you and your family
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We usually recommend calling the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or other local non-profit or charity organizations for Christmas and holiday assistance. The Salvation Army runs a program known as Angel Tree, which is always very effective. Read more on Charities here as well as possible Christmas and holiday assistance.

AnthonyMarshall wrote:Please give any information that would lead to some help for Christmas gifts and food this season. The economy is just getting worse and prices for things are too high. Bills are too much still. I would appreciate the help and response. Thank you and God Bless you and your family
ILoveMyHorse

Post by ILoveMyHorse »

I know it's late to be writing an email but I cannot sleep from the stress and worry this Christmas. My twin sister and I are both single mothers striving to survive even living in low income housing. We have children all together. We really need Christmas presents for our children. It's supposed to be a happy family season. But we are miserable, because we don't have the money for anything. And if you can throw in a friend, who is waiting on a apartment soon. Anything will help, as long as it puts precious smiles on all of their faces. God help us. May God bless you and your families this Christmas.
ChristineLag

Post by ChristineLag »

Hello and Happy Holidays
I am in search of some much needed help. I have never had to ask for it before and we have always been a family that gives and helps out others but now things have taken a turn for the worst. I am a single mother of four children, my husband has left, I am seeking employment, their father doesn’t see them nor pay child support, have had to apply for services through DCF, we have lost our home, car, any financial means. A family member who is struggling very hard themselves being that they have four small children, one income and the wife is going to school to better herself has taken us in. I am searching for employment and got my children in a new school which they are keeping a smile on their face when I am sure they are very hurt but such troopers. I can’t even provide them with winter clothes or school supplies. I never ask for help for myself, them or another but I have to now if I have any chance of them having any type of Holiday this year. They are old enough to understand but being children shouldn’t have to be in such a situation. They are my everything and I will do anything for them and have faith this situation will soon cease. I am just trying to look around to see if there are any foundations that just might be able to help the situation for the children involved. I can work, volunteer to pay it back or off. I am willing to do anything for them not to wake up on Christmas morning with no dinner or not even a gift. If there is anyone or anywhere that might have something left over. Between my family & the big hearted family that was nice enough to take us in and not see us homeless but we have only this month which is completely understandable. There are four girls ages 4, 3, 12, and 9. Please let me know and thank you. Happy Holidays from our family to yours.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We agree, children should not be punished. They are innocent. Especially around the holidays we wish every child could get a gift. There are some holiday programs that can give gifts, meals, and support during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and other special occasions. Find those programs and charities here, like the Salvation Army Angel Tree program or maybe try the Toys for Tots too.
ChristineLag wrote:Hello and Happy Holidays
I am in search of some much needed help. I have never had to ask for it before and we have always been a family that gives and helps out others but now things have taken a turn for the worst. I am a single mother of four children, my husband has left, I am seeking employment, their father doesn’t see them nor pay child support, have had to apply for services through DCF, we have lost our home, car, any financial means. A family member who is struggling very hard themselves being that they have four small children, one income and the wife is going to school to better herself has taken us in. I am searching for employment and got my children in a new school which they are keeping a smile on their face when I am sure they are very hurt but such troopers. I can’t even provide them with winter clothes or school supplies. I never ask for help for myself, them or another but I have to now if I have any chance of them having any type of Holiday this year. They are old enough to understand but being children shouldn’t have to be in such a situation. They are my everything and I will do anything for them and have faith this situation will soon cease. I am just trying to look around to see if there are any foundations that just might be able to help the situation for the children involved. I can work, volunteer to pay it back or off. I am willing to do anything for them not to wake up on Christmas morning with no dinner or not even a gift. If there is anyone or anywhere that might have something left over. Between my family & the big hearted family that was nice enough to take us in and not see us homeless but we have only this month which is completely understandable. There are four girls ages 4, 3, 12, and 9. Please let me know and thank you. Happy Holidays from our family to yours.
Fiscal

Post by Fiscal »

Hi. I am a 31 year old mom of 4..ages 15 to 6. I am also a student at Oswego college (our community college) and am expected to graduate in December where I will be able to go straight to work (after taking state boards). I am currently in the middle of a separation due to my husband of 14 years relapsing and not holding up to his sobriety...it’s been the hardest thing of my life.. But I can no longer enable him while my kids and I suffer. I am now $500 behind on rent. I also work for Herald Journal delivering papers from 3 am to 6 am on top of going to school. What little money I make isn't nearly enough. My water is due to be turned off as well. I've received local assistance on my electric and gas. Any assistance would be my Christmas miracle. We most likely won't have much of Christmas this year. Just glad my kids understand the real meaning of it. I have given this worry to God and have peace knowing that somehow he will provide if I continue my faith! Thank you for your time & please pray for my family. And I appreciate any referral to any type of assistance!
Michelson

Post by Michelson »

Hello, I live in Staten Island, NY and would like to know how one would sign up to receive help from one of these programs, Thanksgiving, Christmas Food Basket and the Adopt A Family Program. I am trying to find information for myself and for another family in need of food assistance for the Holiday Season. Is there any way that we can sign up for these programs? I thank you kindly for any information you can provide me with.
Carney

Post by Carney »

My husband and I have 4 children ages 5 years, 7, 9 and 10 years. My husband was hurt at work several years ago. Had 2 major surgeries causing him to be disabled. We have a toddler and my husband is in some ways unable to do much for himself, so I quit my job to care for him and watch my son. But on January 2014 he wreck our vehicle into a semi. We are grateful he lived, but he was injured rather bad. Badly broken arm, ankle, and large open wound in his upper thigh. This accident has financially put us in a bind. We just settled with workman’s comp and used that check to pay all bills, credit cards, 3 months owed rent, did some repairs to our jeep which is close to done, and purchased a used more reliable car which was totaled and we only had liability and theft coverage.
We where receiving food stamps. But while I was between home and the hospital and finding sitters and family to watch our kids. I didn’t get my application in on time. And recently our income has changed causing us to wait for SSDI to process the info. And DES needs proof that is proving to be a little difficult and timely to get. So I am asking for help for Thanksgiving, and Christmas because I’m worried everything will take to long to get organized and become approved.
Thank you so much for help. I just need help knowing where to look for help.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

I'm in need of help this Christmas. I have twin boy and girl 15 year old and a 9 year old boy. I have no way of paying my rent utility's and everything else and provide a Christmas for these beautiful sweet great kids. Please if you know where I can get help to give them a Christmas please let me know thank you and god bless.
Indy One

Post by Indy One »

Alright guys, my best friend and her 2 year old daughter have no Christmas this year because of an unfortunate event. I’m trying to make the best Christmas for her daughter. I’ve already bought stuff but need ANY donations possible. Her daughter wears 24 mos-2T, loves Minnie mouse & Disney princesses, they don't have a Christmas tree or decor. Will take any Christmas tree, Xmas decor, presents for her daughter. She is a green bay fan size 2x. Or we will take Christmas cookies, anything! PLEASE help me make this little girls Christmas great. Contact me or email back.

Thanks!!
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

Hello,
We address you because of your Christmas charity event. We are a low income family from not so long in Canada. I am a PhD student in the University of Calgary and my wife is currently unemployed. We have 2 wonderful kids and want the best for them. We are asking for your support for Christmas gifts for our family and especially kids. I have a eight years old daughter and 6 years old son.
In case that you don't provide this kind of support please contact us with other charities that can help us.
Best regards,