Pay for veteran long term home care

State and local government assistance programs.
Leann D
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pay for veteran long term home care

Post by Leann D »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Kevin and I am a Florida resident that has suffered a spinal cord injury 18 years ago. I am also a veteran who needs home care and the funds to pay for it. I am now a quadriplegic in a power wheelchair and I have Medicare SSDI, and I also have Medicaid through the state of Florida with their long term care services. Currently I am 43 years old and I rent a room In port Saint Lucie. A few years back I was able to get on the Medicaid system to receive CNA hours to help assist getting me up in the morning and nursing hours at night to assist with activity of daily living skills, bathroom, cleaning, meal prep, eating and of courses getting ready for bed.
Unfortunately, the services I am receiving cost approximately $90000 annually, and I can't pay for this long term home care. With inflation, rent, food and every utility getting higher, I am doing everything in my power to have my primary care physician look at me being a full time employed individual even if I can get a remote position to work from a computer. I am diligently working on this and should be able to obtain employment.
Here is my biggest situation. The moment that I make over $2260 per month, I'm told by the state that I will lose my Long term care benefits even as a veteran provided through Medicaid by the state of Florida. I have been on the phone with department of children and families, area of aging inability, Florida department of economic opportunity, state Medicaid managed care, case management through Florida community care, Medicaid general hotline and much more. Everyone agrees that if I go back to work, become a taxpayer again and pay back into the system it would be extremely beneficial to cover A portion of my own healthcare and it will help keep me out of a state nursing home which will cost the state state a few $100000 a year. Although everyone agrees with me, they do not know of a program that exists that would allow this.
I am trying to find any resource, program, organization I'm a organization, charity or service that can assist with my healthcare so that I can get up in the morning come and get the bed at night and be a functional human being. For me to cover my healthcare expenses I would have to obtain a job of $120000 a year, Pay my taxes and pay for my healthcare service. I would not have any additional money for rent, food, utilities and basic necessities. I also know just remaining on this system will only provide me an opportunity to end up in a nursing home in a very short period of time at the age of 43 years old. I am doing everything in my absolute power to avoid this from happening from happening. I do not have family that can assist taking care of me. My father is 80 years old in a hospital in New York and my mom is 80 years old and lives to county South of me here in Florida and it's having a hard time taking care of herself.
Please, if you can advise on any way of service, of service, programs or any other aspects for me to look at get to pay for long term veteran home care, I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I want to be AA productive citizen, taxpaying person that can provide not only for myself but maybe even a small family one day. I do not want to end up in a nursing home and having the state pain tremendous amounts of money When it can be avoided.
DanaP

Re: Pay for veteran long term home care

Post by DanaP »

Good Morning,
I was told to send an email to see if you could help me with past due rent for long term home care program. My daughter, a veteran, was in a car accident and she now is non verbal, quadriplegic and in a minimal conscious state. She has been in the hospital 3 different time since May and on life supporting time. Each stay has been a minimal of 10 days. She's been very sick since July. She had a picline put in and I've been having trouble giving IV antibiotics and it was very painful for her. Heart rate was high called EMSA and to find out instead of putting the picline outside of the heart they put it inside of her heart. So it's been a little tough for us, those now the long term home care helping us.
The reason I'm needing help is because I'm having to eat fast food and out of the vending machines when I'm here at the hospital so it has really hurt me financially. I'm behind on 2 months rent for the home care. Can you please help me so I don't get evicted?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pay for veteran long term home care

Post by Admin »

There are different programs that help veterans with home care, assisted living, and other benefits. We have them listed on the main site. But also be sure to check with the VA office near you too. As far as right now, look for a program known as Aid and Attendance Pension.