RN behind as got COVID

State and local government assistance programs.
KhrisDavis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

RN behind as got COVID

Post by KhrisDavis »

Hello
I’m Chris, RN worked all of 2020 until December 22, 2020 to have a delayed (due to Covid) surgery. Since that time I have gone through countless hours of physical therapy because before returning post op to work I was in a roll over accident that injured my dominant arm followed by a hypertensive crisis resulting in a TIA (mini stroke) and hospitalization. I am not way behind as I can't work as an RN due to the accident and COVID.
In between my good luck adventures I was personal caregiver to my “injured and recovering from surgery with strict orders” 15 year old son. My husband also in above mentioned accident has been recuperating right along with me.
My concern is this: we have been in contact with our property management for a now $8,400 amount of overdue rent and a $9,000 electric bill, with only our 19 year old daughters Taco Bell wages. We have submitted for aid three times now as instructed since October and nothing is being completed. I have voiced my concern with the property management company, awaiting response, but what else should I be doing? Today we got a Notice To Pay Covid-19 Recovery Period Pay Rent Or Quit taped to our door… we are facing homelessness, continued unemployment, and a mental breakdown. We still have 3/6 of our children at home, the amazing 19 year old that is carrying this family on her back without complaint and 15 year old twins.
I don’t know if I should once again apply although we have existing accounts with Housing Authority or wait and for how long. Can you direct me in determining the correct path for RNs.
Javelin

Re: RN behind as got COVID

Post by Javelin »

Hi,
I am searching for temporary financial hardship assistance due to recent job loss from COVID firing. I’m an RN but due to an unfortunate situation that caused me some legal troubles until I can sort them out I cannot work. I lost my job due to the situation and cannot find another one until the issue is resolved. I recently separated from my husband and now I’m trying to support myself plus my two girls, ages 10 and 4, with unemployment compensation while I wait on another RN job and get over the COVID.
I could desperately use some help as bills are piling up. I received LIHEAP, which was an answered prayer, but the stress from other financial obligations is becoming overwhelming. Please let me know if any other assistance is available. I have applied for SNAP, but am awaiting a determination. I am located in Wewahitchka, Gulf County, FL.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: RN behind as got COVID

Post by Admin »

Since you are living in Florida, try the ACCESS program. They offer cash assistance, information on COVID resources, financial help for medical people (including RNs) and more. Learn about the Florida ACCESS program here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... flori.html
Javelin wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:56 pm I have applied for SNAP, but am awaiting a determination. I am located in Wewahitchka, Gulf County, FL.