Find how to get help with rent
The Fire
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Vietnam vet HUD VASH for senior housing

Post by The Fire »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
I'm a Vietnam era veteran (age 70) who, during this past August, 2021, successfully secured HUD-VASH subsidized housing at, "The Village at Rancho San Diego", La Mesa, CA 91941, a senior’s complex.
However, just this week, the Management at said facility suddenly informed me that I still owe them $203.83, or the remaining portion of my original $500 'security deposit', which I believed had been paid in full via HUD-VASH assistance. This error was caused by my HUD-VASH Case Worker, who now does not desire to address nor rectify this matter.  During said August of this year, she misinformed me that she would obtain said $203.83 via donation from an outside entity, but it never transpired.  And, she never later informed me that such rental deposit assistance had not been successful.
For all of the foregoing reasons, I am now, by myself, seeking assistance in this $203.83 rental 'security deposit' matter for my senior housing. THANK YOU
Travis Cult
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Vietnam vet HUD VASH for senior housing

Post by Travis Cult »

Good morning,
My name is Sarah and I've received my section 8 voucher from HUD for veterans and I've found a place and has been approved for it. I don't have enough money to pay for the deposit ($839.00).. I'm a single parent, my dad served in Vietnam, but who hasn't worked since this past July due to not able to find childcare because of the COVID restrictions on daycares capacity...
I do receive Child Support ($309.00 per month)... I'm currently staying with my friend. I am asking for the help because I clearly don't have all the money to pay for my deposit for the new place that I was approved for by HUD for the section 8 senior housing...I can keep up my rent after I move in because of my voucher and Child Support.