Home for psych patients

State and local government assistance programs.
Drew Drew
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home for psych patients

Post by Drew Drew »

My mother who is 58 years old suffered from many social psych-issues. I have been doing the best I can to house her but none of my roommates Or friends for that matter understand the reality of her situation. She was well taken care of until her husband passed away of a sudden rigorous throat cancer.
My mother will soon be without a home and I am here care provider. Without me she is unable to reach her appointments, make her food, or help her with the tiniest levels of
Activities of daily living. She is so proud but I have done research to try and find her help. Hopefully, I have landed in the right spot.
She is an emergency situation for her own sanity because she feels desperate on finding a home she knows she can be confident in years. Like, I said I am her care-taker 100 plus hours and am always there for her. I was told by a staff member due to my mother’s provocative emotional state that I (not that I need a home, but I want to be with her), could assist.
I unfortunately am at a time in place where I am a full time student just trying to make ends meet myself. I prepare mother’s food, do her laundry and she does help out a lot but
where she is right now is making her worse. We are living with a family friend who isn’t very nice at all we know when we aren’t wanted. Regardless if I am not wanted I know there are
social emergency programs for my mother who is disabled on SSA. She has Medicare, which covers her pysch bills, and is in true need of help for rental assistance. I am there for love and making sure she takes her
medication and follows through with her psychiatrists plan. She is very aggravated where she lives and I thin kits a bit of losing what she once had but is there any program
out there than can help my mamma? She needs help financially as anyone on her low budget couldn’t manage. Please feel free to contact me ASAP.
The landlord of the home where we are staying has already asked for her to move. SO I am in shambles over this when she is a decent woman!
Truly I would appreciate hope. The person we are staying with doesn’t understand her mental disorder and although he is patient it’s not fair to serve an eviction notice.
SteveZell

Re: Home for psych patients

Post by SteveZell »

I'm sorry I failed to mention that I have surfed on the internet MANY MANY nights trying to get
not only her help with psych issues but reach the right organization that will do so.
This vandalized glass thing is a major problem for the psych patients! I surfed and surfed but was not able to procure
ANY leads for potential help with respect to my request.
I need for yourself or anyone else you know to PLEASE think outside of the box
for any reference source for something this "unusual" from the barrage of everyday normal "help"
requests you so graciously attend to on your end. To reiterate, she is LIVING in the van and has been BUT the windows being vandalized has tripled the amount of stress, and she needs a home for psych patients. I have for her as well as I'm sure..her level of stress. Thank you.
Take Care.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Home for psych patients

Post by Admin »

If they are officially disabled (and social security indicated it) there are housing programs, most of which are subsidized. They also help people with mental illness such as psych conditions. Look here for disability friendly housing including for psych patients. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... sable.html