We have proof of our disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Britney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We have proof of our disability

Post by Britney »

I am mentally disabled and my husband has both mental and physical disabilities too. He gets disability and we can't get anything saved. Now this month we paid rent on a home that we was told had been abandoned by the previous tenant due to going to jail for a month. Then told the guy had not paid rent in 4 months. We were here 4 days and low and behold the guy showed up with Lease receipt from last month and his power receipt. Luckily we knew him. We both him and us have asked to be reimbursed to no prevail.
We have no money, no car, no where to go and I do not think I can take anymore! (I have been off mental medications far too long). W don't look like disabled folks cause we are 35 & 40 but our medical records show. We need help please.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: We have proof of our disability

Post by Admin »

SSI disability does not pay much money. So not sure what options you have. You can explore them on the main site, but the fact is the average payment is well under $1000 per month. There are states that offer financial aid for the disabled in the form of maybe discounted medications and the like, but it is not much. Feel free to look around. Maybe you can move in with your family or your husbands.
IsabellaTaylor

Post by IsabellaTaylor »

My Name is Kelly and I am a single mother of a 7 year old daughter. I am recovering from surgery & My father is disabled and we have proof of it  Funds have been hard while I'm recovering and was able to work. In the process the Water bill was misplaced & it was turned off Thursday @ 1 pm. I only have Child support as income right now ($141.14 biweekly). My father is on disability and we have proof of it, and doesn't receive his money until August. I'm in Immediately need of help to get my water back turned on. Please help us. If possible.
  Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Kelly, Illinois, and Dupage County, does have resources to help single mothers and people with a disability, like you father. Also water bill payment plans and jobs that maybe you can work from home. Learn more on assistance in Dupage County IL.
IsabellaTaylor wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:01 am My Name is Kelly and I am a single mother of a 7 year old daughter. I am recovering from surgery & My father is disabled and we have proof of it  Funds have been hard while I'm recovering and was able to work. In the process the Water bill was misplaced & it was turned off Thursday @ 1 pm. I only have Child support as income right now ($141.14 biweekly). My father is on disability and we have proof of it, and doesn't receive his money until August. I'm in Immediately need of help to get my water back turned on. Please help us. If possible.
  Thank you,