Laid off three times from COVID

State and local government assistance programs.
Underwood
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Laid off three times from COVID

Post by Underwood »

My name is Jennifer. I was searching online for any assistance programs that might be available, due to COVID, and came across The Salvation Army. I currently reside in Perry Hills Colony apartments, and have since 2015. I'm very happy there, but due to COVID I fear my time there is running short. I'm on my third layoff due to COVID, second company. I was just starting to catch up on my bills from my first layoff, then the second layoff happened. Pre-COVID, I was engaged, house hunting, and employed with a 55K job. Now, I'm single, with an ex-fiance that has already moved my replacement in his new place, in fear of loosing everything I have left, and struggling to find employment in the salary range I need.
It's not in my character to reach out to assistance programs. Typically, I can figure it out by my own means but losing 3 jobs due to COVID makes it hard. However, this is not my first time I've had to reach out. Perry Helping Perry provided me with some assistance when I was first laid off. My hope is dwindling if I can actually make it out of this nightmare of Groundhog Day. Now, with the $300 extra gone, my income only provides me with $13 each month after all bills are paid. JFS cut my SNAP because they claim I make too much money. Of course, going off of a fixed amount for everyone and not my actual debt/income ratio. So...I have $13 left for the whole month. Groceries, toiletries, gas, pet supplies cause me to overdraft my bank account every week to be able to buy them. I've been stuck in this cycle for weeks now. Because of overdraft fees, I then have even more debt than income and I can't afford my bills again. My rent is coming up... utilities only partially paid... my car is on the brink of getting repossessed... and I fell like I'm just standing, staring..watching my whole world fall apart again from my third COVID layoff. I can't find a position in my line of work. I've had interviews..but either the internal referral or degree had been chosen over me. What do I do?
Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
As requested online, my bills are as follows (see attached for verification):
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laid off three times from COVID

Post by Admin »

COVID has caused many layoffs and hardships. There are other programs in Riverside too...not just the Salvation Army. COVID and the restrictions in CA have been even more challenging for workers that other places. Appeal the SNAP cut off, look into credit counseling for overdraft fees, and here is information on other assistance programs in Riverside.
Underwood wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:28 pm My name is Jennifer. I was searching online for any assistance programs that might be available, due to COVID, and came across The Salvation Army. I currently reside in Perry Hills Colony apartments, and have since 2015. I'm very happy there, but due to COVID I fear my time there is running short. I'm on my third layoff due to COVID, second company. I was just starting to catch up on my bills from my first layoff, then the second layoff happened. Pre-COVID, I was engaged, house hunting, and employed with a 55K job. Now, I'm single, with an ex-fiance that has already moved my replacement in his new place, in fear of loosing everything I have left, and struggling to find employment in the salary range I need.
It's not in my character to reach out to assistance programs. Typically, I can figure it out by my own means but losing 3 jobs due to COVID makes it hard. However, this is not my first time I've had to reach out. Perry Helping Perry provided me with some assistance when I was first laid off. My hope is dwindling if I can actually make it out of this nightmare of Groundhog Day. Now, with the $300 extra gone, my income only provides me with $13 each month after all bills are paid. JFS cut my SNAP because they claim I make too much money. Of course, going off of a fixed amount for everyone and not my actual debt/income ratio. So...I have $13 left for the whole month. Groceries, toiletries, gas, pet supplies cause me to overdraft my bank account every week to be able to buy them. I've been stuck in this cycle for weeks now. Because of overdraft fees, I then have even more debt than income and I can't afford my bills again. My rent is coming up... utilities only partially paid... my car is on the brink of getting repossessed... and I fell like I'm just standing, staring..watching my whole world fall apart again from my third COVID layoff. I can't find a position in my line of work. I've had interviews..but either the internal referral or degree had been chosen over me. What do I do?
Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
As requested online, my bills are as follows (see attached for verification):
CarDon13

Post by CarDon13 »

i my husband got laid off from work and is receiving unemployment as he has now had COVID 3 times. But we are having a really rough time paying our bills.
I put in for social security disability with a lawyer. I have a car loan, cell phone, TV, Internet, tax bills, car insurance, small loans, and a couple of other bills that I have. My husband only gets 500 a week for being laid off from unemployment. I did get food stamps but I was only approved for 20$ a month. We don't have any other income coming in. I have medical bills that I need to pay for including for the COVID medical treatment. An we don't have the money to do our taxes. We are really struggling financially. I also put in for liheap. I am disabled and can't work do to my disabilities. I have a lot of medical problems. Please help. I don't know what else to do. My husband doesn't go back to work until June with the union. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You did not know your location, but look for financial help in all cities, states, etc. here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/find_help.html
Also, wear a mask! Get vaccinated. Getting COVID 3 times is really irresponsible.
CarDon13 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:09 pm i my husband got laid off from work and is receiving unemployment as he has now had COVID 3 times. But we are having a really rough time paying our bills.