Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Globe
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Emigrated to the US

Post by Globe »

Dear Need help paying bill team.
We are a family of 6 member and just immigrated in United State from Afghanistan. We are having no income at all, get no cash aid, and the only thing we have is our food stamp which is finished now. We are renting a 2 bedroom apartment but we don’t know how to pay the rent and the utilities bill. Please help us as soon as you can. In our family is me with my husband and 4 small kids.
We just arrived here in San Diego one month ago and we are not familiar how to get help from organizations and churches. Can you please give our info to those centers to help us. You may know them already. Please let them know about our big problem.
Thanks for your quick action regarding us.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Emigrated to the US

Post by Admin »

Catholic Charities in San Diego is one of the leading charities for immigrants and refugees. They can provide advice, help in applying for green cards, assist with housing, and employment. Sometimes there is financial aid, but that is rare. They help immigrants from all countries, even Afghanistan. So if you are going to try a church in San Diego, call them first. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ies_a.html
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

I am a Fayetteville resident on disability and I emigrated to the US. I need help with my water bill and electric bill.
I’ve spent endless hours scrolling research and trying to find the agencies that offer help. There are tons of scammers that are listed or pop up during all of this that make this an exhausting and defeating process, and many scammers target immigrants and people who emigrated like me. Our family had been hit hard by covid and it is close to impossible to manage day by day.
With all of the government aid that was sent to our state and county there should be a clear directive and process to follow in order to apply for assistance but there is not. The closest I came to getting information is this : the HUD program helped 150 families in Washington county and exhausted all resources and are no longer taking applications.
I am no math expert but that is not even 1/2 percent of the population of Washington county that was awarded help.
There is something so wrong with this that people are doing all they can to stay alive. The funding to help with utilities and housing just helps keep people survive .
If you can please find any agency that can help me to pay for my utilities so I can stay in our rental property instead of becoming homeless I would be so great full to you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you can be anywhere in the US, and have the ability to move since you emigrated, look into a wide range of resources for financial help. As there are many, and look here for assistance in all counties https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/find_help.html
Bobbert wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:31 pm I am on disability and I emigrated to the US. I need help with my water bill and electric bill.