Not enough on Oklahoma sooner care Medicaid

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Jonny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Not enough on Oklahoma sooner care Medicaid

Post by Jonny »

Hi, I am writing to you today because I am at a complete loss at trying to get the medical attention I’m in desperate need of as Oklahoma sooner care does not provide enough help. I got my disability approved last August and got approved for sooner care. I couldn't find a doctor to take me as a new patient on sooner care.
I finally got in at Morton's health clinic went and sat 2 hours got in to see the Dr. and when he came in I just broke down trying to explain that I need a complete ankle replacement and help understanding my osteoarthritis.
I was diagnosed with almost 3 years ago and haven't been able to see a doctor because I can't afford medical insurance. So I was trying to explain this to the doctor and he wrote me a prescription for Prozac and sent me to the lab for blood work, not to get x-rays or anything to do with what my #1 reason why I was there for. I left and never heard nothing from them not even lab results or a follow up. I lost my social security card and they refused to see until I got a new one. You know what it is like to wait so long to see a doctor and to get absolutely no help when I finally do.
So now almost 3 years later I am experiencing not only the pain I have to deal with on my right ankle needing a complete replacement my left foot it has taken a toll on it so bad that my toes are separating and starting to look deformed. My whole point is I need health coverage. Not family planning I'm 54 years old and they put me on sooner care or sooner plan which covers mostly family planning stuff. I thought I could get Medicare due to the circumstances of my disability. But said I have to wait 2 years. I am so frustrated with all of this and all I need is to get to a doctor to at least look at my ankle and move forward to getting some relief for my medical needs. So please if you can help me with some guidance of anything in addition to Medicaid - OK Sooner Care I would be so very grateful. I did go to my social security office and waited 4 hours to tell me in less than 60 seconds they couldn't help me. I feel like I'm lost in the system and I just need medical attention.
Thank you
Terri
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not enough on Oklahoma sooner care Medicaid

Post by Admin »

Hi Terri, We are not as families with OK Sooner Care (which is really just a version of Medicaid), we can provide information on other resources for free medical or health care. As there are local programs, charities, federal resources and more, which also cover Oklahoma. You can find details, and read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _care.html
Jonny wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 am Hi, I am writing to you today because I am at a complete loss at trying to get the medical attention I’m in desperate need of as Oklahoma sooner care does not provide enough help. I got my disability approved last August and got approved for sooner care. I couldn't find a doctor to take me as a new patient on sooner care.
I finally got in at Morton's health clinic went and sat 2 hours got in to see the Dr. and when he came in I just broke down trying to explain that I need a complete ankle replacement and help understanding my osteoarthritis.
I was diagnosed with almost 3 years ago and haven't been able to see a doctor because I can't afford medical insurance. So I was trying to explain this to the doctor and he wrote me a prescription for Prozac and sent me to the lab for blood work, not to get x-rays or anything to do with what my #1 reason why I was there for. I left and never heard nothing from them not even lab results or a follow up. I lost my social security card and they refused to see until I got a new one. You know what it is like to wait so long to see a doctor and to get absolutely no help when I finally do.
So now almost 3 years later I am experiencing not only the pain I have to deal with on my right ankle needing a complete replacement my left foot it has taken a toll on it so bad that my toes are separating and starting to look deformed. My whole point is I need health coverage. Not family planning I'm 54 years old and they put me on sooner care or sooner plan which covers mostly family planning stuff. I thought I could get Medicare due to the circumstances of my disability. But said I have to wait 2 years. I am so frustrated with all of this and all I need is to get to a doctor to at least look at my ankle and move forward to getting some relief for my medical needs. So please if you can help me with some guidance of anything in addition to Medicaid - OK Sooner Care I would be so very grateful. I did go to my social security office and waited 4 hours to tell me in less than 60 seconds they couldn't help me. I feel like I'm lost in the system and I just need medical attention.
Thank you
Terri
Mills

Post by Mills »

Hello. My name is Lisa and I like in Oklahoma and get SoonerCare. I’m a 53 and a single lady with no children or pets. I’m in desperate need of a place to live. I do receive my ssdi, snap and I have Medicare/Medicaid. But I live in a house and I have lived here for years but the owner is a very elderly lady and her brother. They are selling the land and tearing the house down I live in. I have no where to go and I need help desperately finding an apartment with low income on Medicaid - OK SoonerCare. I cannot afford to pay a lot for a place to live. I’m so very worried and upset. I have no idea what I’m going to do? I live in Crandall, Oklahoma. Which is Tulsa County. Please please please help me finding the correct people or person that I need to contact for help moving to a new place. Thank you so very much. Sincerely, Lisa Garvin
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sooner Care / Medicaid is always challenging to get everything needed, but it is still insurance from the state of OK. Also try a clinic for more resources too. As they may give free care or affordable services, even if you are a single adult. Look here for free medical care for low-income patients in OK.
Mills wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:58 am Hello. My name is Lisa and I like in Oklahoma and get SoonerCare. I’m a 53 and a single lady with no children or pets. I’m in desperate need of a place to live. I do receive my ssdi, snap and I have Medicare/Medicaid. But I live in a house and I have lived here for years but the owner is a very elderly lady and her brother. They are selling the land and tearing the house down I live in. I have no where to go and I need help desperately finding an apartment with low income on Medicaid - OK SoonerCare. I cannot afford to pay a lot for a place to live. I’m so very worried and upset. I have no idea what I’m going to do? I live in Crandall, Oklahoma. Which is Tulsa County. Please please please help me finding the correct people or person that I need to contact for help moving to a new place. Thank you so very much. Sincerely, Lisa Garvin