Many home repairs for my disability

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Tessez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Many home repairs for my disability

Post by Tessez »

I need a new hot water and maybe some floor repairs. I have been asking and applying everywhere. I am disabled and need a new water heater. The one I have is sitting in about 2 inches of rusty water. The bottom of the tank is also rusty about 2 inches on the bottom. There is a puddle under my house, which means there is an issue with the floor also.
My PGE bill is running from $200.00 to $300.00 a month, which I'm sure is a direct result of leaking hot water. I have found out that Low's carries one for $238.00. :he volunteers at LOVE INC will install it for free. I can't afford it, that's about all I have to live on each month. Add the expense of leaking hot water 24/7 is way beyond my means.
I'm pretty much locked in my house, there is no $ for gas, only basics for groceries once a week. I have been asking every organization I could find for help, but to no avail.
I have been sent to one place then another. Which in turns sends me to another group that might be able to help. It's really hard to beg for help, and hurts when I get transferred around. I don't know what to do. My disability is with comprehending, and other stuff like speaking or finding words. And some of these forms ( if I get that far) get really complicated. Even when I can find a sight, I can't find the application form. Just more information about there mission. This months electrical bill is $177.00 plus the $300.00 that’s due. I have cut every penny I could so I don't have a high bill, to the point of using battery operated sensor lights in place of night lights. I shut off the water faucet that leads into the tank. I can't find the plug in so I didn't unplug it.
BarrySe

Re: Many home repairs for my disability

Post by BarrySe »

My husband and I are in desperate need of home repairs. We are both disabled, me with heart issues and him with heart and lung issues. We live in a mobile home which is paid for and sits on leased property.
We were approved to have our HVAC system replaced almost 2 years ago and our front door. This has been a tremendous help, but our windows are on the verge of falling out. Most of the outside trim/seal is curled and it just breaks off. When the wind blows you can see the curtains move and there are places where water is getting in. We need some help, we tried to get a loan using our home as collateral but our credit is awful and we were denied. Where can we turn for help?
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I am a single disabled woman. I only receive a small amount of SSD per month. My family has been helping me the expenses of living and also raising my son. Since I receive no child support either even though I have begged Child support enforcement to go after him.
Anyhow I’m to the point that rent keeps going up and my check is not. So December 11th I was about to have to move out of my apartment to where I don't know. And my grandpa and my father got together is purchased a house for $25,000 that day will make any payments on so my son and I have a place to live Even after they are gone Because they worried about our future.
However there are repairs that need to be done before I can even move in. It needs central air and heat. It needs a repair the roof and it has some kitchen issues. And then just some paint and TLC.
I deeply honestly need some financial help with these things. My father has lived in this town his whole life I know some contractors willing to do work for reasonable rate. We just don't have the funds. Please help me and my son. Or direct me in the right area to find the help. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Hughes

Post by Hughes »

Am currently on SSI, though I have a hard time very month trying to pay my bills, my mother is disabled and her house is falling apart. Her roof leaks, her heater went out, she has a wall that needs replacing from the roof leaking, and her windows are very drafty. She lives in a single wide mobile home that she purchased years ago. I have no idea how to help her anymore, can you please point me in the right direction.
I am dreaming

Post by I am dreaming »

Do you have any programs for a disabled homeowner with a mortgage to get assistance for many home repairs?  I need all inside walls, linoleum replaced three rooms,  electric wiring checked out, and four rooms of carpet replaced, trash removed inside and outside, windows repaired,  and feces removed from appliances. This damage was done by a tenant receiving section 8 assistance in Rowan County.
I really want to find out about any programs for people like me. Who rent their homes to the tenants that used the section 8 voucher program? The $750 deposit will not be near enough for repairs and I don't have the money to pay out of pocket. My homeowner's insurance will not pay for the destruction that was done to my home. I could sue but she doesn't have anything but a new van. I would appreciate any information regarding my dilemma or please provide a referral solution for repairs for the disabled.Thank you,Edna B. Goins
Travis Cult

Post by Travis Cult »

I am disabled and I need emergency help with home repairs to help with my specific disability.
I just found out that I have a serious electrical problem that affects the entire house.
I also have a very big hole in my bathroom ceiling and a toilet that works on and off.
I don't have any money for these disability repairs and I very scared.
I am unmarried with no children.
My parents have passed away and I'm on my own.
I need help.
It's taken these serious necessary repairs to reach out for help.
Most of my money goes to healthy groceries.
My injury requires that I eat what can help me to live with lesser pain.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While electrical issues may be harder for basic home repairs, it is possible. But the disability is also a reason why you may qualify, as many programs help people who are older and/or disabled. Look here for free home repairs.
Travis Cult wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:41 am I am disabled and I need emergency help with home repairs to help with my specific disability.
I just found out that I have a serious electrical problem that affects the entire house.