2 mortgage payments missed

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
DesireeDesiree
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

2 mortgage payments missed

Post by DesireeDesiree »

Hello, I'm writing because I need help. My husband and I are both disabled and we recently got three children in our care under kinship care which means we do not get any financial assistance except from their mother. She however is going through a lot of financial stress and cannot help as much as she would like. We decided to take them into our home but we are behind on 2 mortgage behinds. We took them in since we did not want these children going into foster care system and eventually become separated from each other since they are brothers and sister. We love these kids like they would have been ours and since we were never able to have children on our own, they are our three little angels. Being disabled with limited funds every month of 1,120.00 we have gotten behind on our mortgage. August 15 would be the second payment missed. I don't want to lose our home. Our electric bill is also high and the children needs lights. It breaks my heart when they ask why we don't have a Christmas tree or presents for them. I hate to tell them that Christmas has to wait this year because we have to try and pay the bills. We need help badly. I stay in Cope SC about 20 miles from Orangeburg SC. Please let me know if we can help us. I don't want them leaving us. With much love and respect,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 mortgage payments missed

Post by Admin »

There are all sorts of mortgage relief programs...abatements, mediation, HUD counseling, etc. Direct financial aid is rare. But since you are in some form of kinship program, ask the administrators of that too. As if you are caring for 3 kids that are relatives (but not yours) there may be special help. in the meantime, use this for disabled mortgage assistance.
DesireeDesiree wrote:Hello, I'm writing because I need help. My husband and I are both disabled and we recently got three children in our care under kinship care which means we do not get any financial assistance except from their mother. She however is going through a lot of financial stress and cannot help as much as she would like. We decided to take them into our home but we are behind on 2 mortgage behinds.
Kalesi

Post by Kalesi »

Hello,
I live in Oregon and my husband and I are desperately needing help with our mortgage and utilities. We have missed 2 mortgage payments to date. We have sold almost everything of worth to keep our mortgage and bills up to date but have no money now.
Our mortgage for this month has not been paid and April is due on the 1st and we are now 2 payments behind. We desperately need help with this month's mortgage payment quickly as possible.
We also need help with our phone, Electric, and natural gas.
Please get back as soon as you can if there are any organizations that can help with the mortgage in the next couple of days.
Thank you,
Robben
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Robben,
We have many assistance programs listed for Oregon, including for mortgages. If you are 2 payments behind, that is not "horrible" in so far as some programs/lenders/non-profits may still help you in that case. Look here for assistance programs in Oregon.
Kalesi wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:37 am Hello,
I live in Oregon and my husband and I are desperately needing help with our mortgage and utilities.
Robben