Light bill payment plan

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kiawana
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Light bill payment plan

Post by Kiawana »

Hello, I'm Cecilia and I've come to you asking for help. Just yesterday, our lights were shut off and we had a payment plan arrangement set up. No sooner as we were about to pay the bill, Evergy shut us off and resulting in a almost $3,000. Yes, I know it's a high bill but my husband and I lost our jobs within a 2 month gap. So, it's been hard. Today, our sewer was shut off as well and we were on our way to pay it. I went to Hope Network here in Raytown and Michele Workman pledged $200 for our sewer bill. Needing to come up with at least $250 for the light bill payment plan and I can take care of the rest. We are also in the process of being evicted due to the landlord "selling" (as he says) but we have a bill of sale on the house. We are only a family of 6 and struggling to catch up due to not having jobs. I was a Assistant Store Manager at my local Family Dollar here on Blue Ridge and it was closed for food this past January. All I'm asking, as my husband and I have been a long time "Raytowner" for 5 plus years, needing some help.
I've already submitted an application to LIHEAP for the light bill and JacksonERap as well for the payment plan. One said it will be at least 15 days before finding one of the utilities. 15 days I don't have! Just yesterday, as well, my husband and I came home from the store as we were getting non-refrigerated food, to find our oldest son about completely passed out on our porch due to it being hot in our home. Evergy made no attempt to even help us. So, you see, it's those things that frustrates me. I apologize for this lingering email but I have no idea what to do next. Can't keep going to a family members house as we have 4 children. Can't use hotels either. I appreciate your time you're taking to ready this. Please, let me know if there is anything else that can happen to further pursue these applications and help our family.
Thank you, Cecilia
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Light bill payment plan

Post by Admin »

Hi Cecilia,
We have information on utility, as well as light bill, assistance programs. You can find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Everything from payment plans to government grants and more may be offered from energy companies, non-profits, and whomever provides your light/utility service.

Kiawana wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:17 am Hello, I'm Cecilia and I've come to you asking for help. Just yesterday, our lights were shut off and we had a payment plan arrangement set up.