Housing and transportation

State and local government assistance programs.
Queena
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing and transportation

Post by Queena »

I, my wife and 3 kids are in need of housing assistance as well as transportation. We currently moved to NW Georgia. We had an emergency situation in which my wife diagnosed with bipolar disorder since the age of 13 and is now 28 and has been having episodes. She attempted suicide by overdosing and spent a couple of days in the hospital. Here recently she walked off and was gone for about a week.
I had no-one to watch the kids while I work and we were also facing eviction so we had to leave. Now we're living with my mom, the car dealer wants their vehicle back because I fell behind on the payments. My mom really doesn't want us here, it's just too much for them. It's my mom, her boyfriend, and twin girls 18 years of age who just graduated High School. I've been applying for jobs and had a couple of calls. It would just be more difficult without a vehicle but I will walk if I have to. Please help us in any way you can or lead us in the direction in which we should go. Thanks.
Darsi

Re: Housing and transportation

Post by Darsi »

Rental assistance needed as well as a car. I'm on disability and 6 months pregnant. I'm paying rent and utilities with god and by the skin of my teeth, I applied for the section 8 lottery in Richmond VA. I was approved but they haven't or I guess my number hasn't come up yet so I haven't been contacted as of yet.
I was approved for that waiting list/lottery in May 2017. I'm in a house that I really can't afford but I was without a home from February 2015 until September 1 2017.
This man is the only person who'd rent to me and he's not a very good landlord but he did give me a place to stay but I pay 550 in rent. I receive 733 in disability so after rent that leave 183 dollars for water bill, electric, car payment and toiletries. I thought I was going to get help from social services but they denied me. I really need help. I'm 6 months pregnant and I don't have any alternative renting options, so please help.
Jenessa JJ

Re: Housing and transportation

Post by Jenessa JJ »

Good morning,
It is a pleasure to meet you even though it is over the computer.
The reason for my email is because I have been going through am majority of severe issues from housing to transportation. I honestly don't know where to begin so I will start with my car issues. Ok, here goes. I own a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I have had the car for just about 2 years. I live in Coatesville, PA. Last summer we had bad flooding which I got caught in. It rained so hard, so fast. No matter where were detoured, there were still rivers in the road where we had to drive through. About 3 weeks after that happened, my electric system started acting funny. At night my high beams are the only ones that work. I have no brakes lights and to top it off I have an oil leak which causes me to put a pint of oil in my vehicle just about every 2-3 days. My registration renewal never came in the mail, so back at the time I wasn't even thinking about it until I realized that my car wasn't registered. My insurance just lapsed about 2 months ago because of financial issues. My tires, well that is another story. Anyway, my vehicle is a lifeline for my job. If it breaks down or gets towed I don't have options to get to work. Just recently I was pulled over coming home from work. The officer saw my inspection, registration and a lot the car was going through. If I am seen driving it they will automatically tow it. I have no family, no one that would be able to help me with getting my car legal at least and then getting things worked on it one day at a time. I need to insure the vehicle before I renew my registration which I have received quotes from a couple insurance companies. I found one for $63 down. Registration I believe is $45 online at Penndot Harrisburg. The monthly insurance payments I have no issue paying. I do work full-time at the Hotel Courtyard by Marriott. I make $15 an hour and the hotel. We just reopened. I get paid every two weeks. The reason I praying for help is because I need my car to get back and forth to work. I have no coworker to ask. Again, if they catch me driving I loose my car and probably my job. Many people have told me to reach out to churches that help those unfortunate that live with very limited income. I even have been on the section 8 list since 2011. Never ever received a call. My youngest child just turned 20 in April. She is amazing and my son finally completes the Army and will be home June 1st. I can't wait. He has been in Iraq for just about a year and a half. He is now back at Fort Bragg, so him coming home will be a very happy homecoming. 2017 I lost my oldest son to an overdose. He was 23 at the time. I still am not over it and I never will. I just learn to live each day. Anyway, my children are now grown and still no one or no place will help me. I have always been the type not to ask for help, but now with this I feel like I am at a dead end. Would you please be able to help me? Or know of any place close to me that would help me get insurance back on my car so I can get it registered. Then get it inspected after I get this oil leak figured out. Please. I honestly do not know what to do. I don't know any mechanics.
Please.
I thank you with all my heart for taking the time to listen. I really hope someone can help me. I am not asking for a lot of money. I just need immediate help with insuring it and registering it. Then when the time comes, inspection. If it doesn't need anything I should be ok to pay for it. I even reached out to the dealership that sold me the car. The man that sold it to me to me not to put more money into it and to bring it back and he will see if we can trade it for something else but I don't want a monthly payment. Look, I can't even come up with the money to get it insured and registered let alone have a car payment.
Again, I will be quiet. God bless you so much for reading all this. I look forward to speaking to you soon. Thank you, thank you!!
Your truly,
Coatesville, PA 19320