Find how to get help with rent
KacieCastle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Want to move out of the attic

Post by KacieCastle »

Hi,
I am writing to find out how my family may be able to get some assistance with paying for a deposit and possibly first month rent to get us into a home. We are currently living in an attic and are not in a very good situation.
My husband does have a job and I am in the process of trying to get disability as I am unable to work. We recently lost everything and relocated out to PA for a fresh start and now live in an attic, but we are struggling to come up with the money needed to get us out in our own.
In addition, if you are aware of any services that might be able to help us with the things needed to get started in our new home it would be a true blessing.
food

Re: Want to move out of the attic

Post by food »

My name is Marty.  My wife and I are being evicted from family property (we live in the attic space) due to unsanitary conditions of property. I am retired USAF as well as law enforcement which I was forced to retire due to a massive heart attack and resulting stroke, from which I am still recovering. We currently live in Rocky Mount Missouri  (for next 14 days).
We live solely on my disability check of 989. $ a month. We are on a waiting list for section 8 voucher program. We can't wait for that now. We found a small house in Henrietta Montana. The house is older and needs some repairs which we can do and can afford. However, we need help moving there, paying the down payment of 600$ and having the utilities connected. We have some old furniture and appliances we can use that we need to move out from the attic.  We have a motorcycle we are selling to pay some of these costs however it won't be completed by our court ordered eviction date of Jan 18. I am a proud man and am not in the hobbit of asking for help. I find it very distressing for my wife and I to ask you now.  We have friends driving up from Texas with a trailer to move if we have a place to move to. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Want to move out of the attic

Post by Admin »

If your income is low, and you are seeking to move from the attic to another place, look into section housing, HUD vouchers, and other programs. As you may have options or programs out there for you. There may be a waiting list, but some cases or cities/etc. may have emergency vouchers. Look here for no waiting list low income housing.