Is federal grant assistance only offered to lifetime poor people?

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
zen1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Is federal grant assistance only offered to lifetime poor people?

Post by zen1 »

Is federal grant assistance available only to people that have been poor their entire life. Let me give you the story. I have been very successful my entire adult life. We love in a very nice home and drive nice cars. During the pandemic, I lost my job and only source of income. We have been struggling to survive. I worked in the automotive retail industry. Not only the pandemic was the issue but the chip shortage.
My wife has been disabled since 2019 with a severe case of rheumatoid arthritis. We never filed for disability as I was making great money and able to take care of us and the family. My wife recently had a stroke and lost her eyesight. I slowed down on looking for work as she requires my full time care with her vision gone. We applied for disability and SSI federal assistance, but we are not poor are entire life. They have told me it is a 6-8 month process. We are out of food, about to get our electricity, water and gas turned off. We were out of options. I applied for Snap benefits (food stamps). After sending in all the information, we were approved for a total of $91.00 a month! Can you believe it?
We have 3 people in the household and they gave us $91.00 a month! That is $1.00 a day a person! We have no food and no way to get any. Does the government in today's economy with the food prices the way they are, really believe you can feed a family of 3 on $91.00 a month? I have paid large amounts of taxes every year and this is the help I get back. I am just trying to support my family with a federal assistance grant! We are going to lose everything, home, car, electricity is being turned off as well as gas. We have no food to feed my family of 3. We cannot pay our health insurance and my wife's medication. Is there anyway to get help from federal aid or a grant when not lifetime poor?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Is federal grant assistance only offered to lifetime poor people?

Post by Admin »

We have no idea what that means. There is no such thing as a lifetime grant. In fact, the term grant means many things. It can be LIHEAP, Medicaid, or countless other benefits. Regardless, look here for free government grants.
They can also be for short term financial emergency or short term poverty-poor people.
zen1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:32 am Is federal grant assistance available only to people that have been poor their entire life. Let me give you the story. I have been very successful my entire adult life. We love in a very nice home and drive nice cars. During the pandemic, I lost my job and only source of income. We have been struggling to survive. I worked in the automotive retail industry. Not only the pandemic was the issue but the chip shortage.
My wife has been disabled since 2019 with a severe case of rheumatoid arthritis. We never filed for disability as I was making great money and able to take care of us and the family. My wife recently had a stroke and lost her eyesight. I slowed down on looking for work as she requires my full time care with her vision gone. We applied for disability and SSI federal assistance, but we are not poor are entire life. They have told me it is a 6-8 month process. We are out of food, about to get our electricity, water and gas turned off. We were out of options. I applied for Snap benefits (food stamps). After sending in all the information, we were approved for a total of $91.00 a month! Can you believe it?
We have 3 people in the household and they gave us $91.00 a month! That is $1.00 a day a person! We have no food and no way to get any. Does the government in today's economy with the food prices the way they are, really believe you can feed a family of 3 on $91.00 a month? I have paid large amounts of taxes every year and this is the help I get back. I am just trying to support my family with a federal assistance grant! We are going to lose everything, home, car, electricity is being turned off as well as gas. We have no food to feed my family of 3. We cannot pay our health insurance and my wife's medication. Is there anyway to get help from federal aid or a grant when not lifetime poor?
Harmony Wonder
anti spam: Blue

Re: Is federal grant assistance only offered to lifetime poor people?

Post by Harmony Wonder »

To whom it may concern
Hello how do I get immediate help to get me and my 12 year old off the streets using a federal grant, as we are very poor? I’ve called every resource for going on 2 years and I’m exhausted. Is there any way to get a referral, a caseworker or someone to speak on my behalf for a referral for rapid rehousing or something?
I’m at a financial hardship, poor and homeless and cant even afford daily necessities. A grant can help. We are currently living in an apartment my sister abandoned with no hot water, no way to take a bath, use the toilet (due to plumbing issues that wont get fixed.) I’m going deeper and deeper into depression because I feel so helpless and fear the impact it is having on my son. I don’t receive any federal grant help and I just recently lost my job due to being a caretaker for my sick sister. Long story short, I’m now facing a non tenant eviction, with nowhere to go. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could connect me with a reliable resource for a grant, emergency transitional housing, or any type of help. Thanks in advance!