In a financial jam

State and local government assistance programs.
Sherita Boyder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

In a financial jam

Post by Sherita Boyder »

Hello,
I'm about to find myself in a bit of a financial jam, and I'm trying to explore options to help me get through this situation without getting sucked into a financial sinkhole.
So, I recently renewed my lease (and had set aside money in savings in case I decided I wanted to move). I ended up staying so I paid the additional pet fee, and I used the rest to pay off debt on my bills. Currently, I am CURRENT on all of my bills; however, my mother is in the hospital and has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Liver Cancer. She also suffers from multiple personality disorder, and as a result the doctors want her somewhere where she can be cared for, and be close to medical facilities, and have transportation to and from appointments. I am also disabled, but will be taking her in because there is nobody else. As a result, I will be transferring to a 2 bedroom apartment. Unfortunately, this is going to end up costing me extra on security deposit although what I have paid will transfer over. The initial costs may be overwhelming as far as utilities, increased rent, and increased security deposit. I'm not sure what you guys offer, but if there are any programs that can help, please advise. I have a feeling gas is going to be more than I can handle....and I'll also have to furnish an entire bedroom for her.
In other news....if you guys need any help or volunteers, I am available to assist, and pay forward any assistance I am able to receive if I can get out of this financial jam. I will be going to talk to my apartment complex later tomorrow to discuss options that are available to me. As far as food is concerned, I have contacted the State in regards to my upcoming situation.
Finally, I realize people don't usually get help until they are being evicted, and electric is getting cut off, but I am reaching out BEFORE I get into that situation so that I can stay above water :). Had I known this financial jam situation was going to occur, I never would have invested my "saved moving money" into bettering my credit.
You may reply via email, or you may txt/call me
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: In a financial jam

Post by Admin »

If you are in a financial jam/crisis, we have resources around free financial advice from non-profits, volunteers and others. It is part of Financial Literacy. Read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/Fin ... -a-crisis/
Sherita Boyder wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:51 am Hello,
I'm about to find myself in a bit of a financial jam, and I'm trying to explore options to help me get through this situation without getting sucked into a financial sinkhole.
So, I recently renewed my lease (and had set aside money in savings in case I decided I wanted to move). I ended up staying so I paid the additional pet fee, and I used the rest to pay off debt on my bills. Currently, I am CURRENT on all of my bills; however, my mother is in the hospital and has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Liver Cancer. She also suffers from multiple personality disorder, and as a result the doctors want her somewhere where she can be cared for, and be close to medical facilities, and have transportation to and from appointments. I am also disabled, but will be taking her in because there is nobody else. As a result, I will be transferring to a 2 bedroom apartment. Unfortunately, this is going to end up costing me extra on security deposit although what I have paid will transfer over. The initial costs may be overwhelming as far as utilities, increased rent, and increased security deposit. I'm not sure what you guys offer, but if there are any programs that can help, please advise. I have a feeling gas is going to be more than I can handle....and I'll also have to furnish an entire bedroom for her.
In other news....if you guys need any help or volunteers, I am available to assist, and pay forward any assistance I am able to receive if I can get out of this financial jam. I will be going to talk to my apartment complex later tomorrow to discuss options that are available to me. As far as food is concerned, I have contacted the State in regards to my upcoming situation.
Finally, I realize people don't usually get help until they are being evicted, and electric is getting cut off, but I am reaching out BEFORE I get into that situation so that I can stay above water :). Had I known this financial jam situation was going to occur, I never would have invested my "saved moving money" into bettering my credit.
You may reply via email, or you may txt/call me