My need is a service dog

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
PetHelpers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My need is a service dog

Post by PetHelpers »

Hi! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm a 19 year old college student studying education at UW-Whitewater who needs a service dog. My home residence is in Waunakee, and I will live there again on a more permanent basis starting in December, but until then, I'm located in the dorms at UWW. I struggle with panic attacks, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, and depression.
My disabilities make it difficult for me to attend classes, have a stable job, and sometimes even spend time with my family. This is where a service dog can help me. Due to these issues, my medical team (my therapist, psychiatrist, and physician) and I have been in search of a psychiatric service dog trainer or training program in order to mitigate my disabilities and allow me to make it through college and onto my future career as a high school teacher. My cause is obviously extremely important to me because a service dog would fully give me my independence back. I wouldn't depend on online courses or only ever ordering delivery, I could attend classes and succeed and go out to eat with friends without worrying about panic attacks or my anxiety. My dog would be trained to do tasks that prevent and stop panic attacks or depressive episodes that prevent me from going to classes, being social, and sometimes even just leaving my dorm room.
At this point, due to a suicide attempt on November 5th, my mental health has finally forced my medical team to make a rough decision--next semester I will be staying at home and taking online courses, as well as being in an intensive outpatient program for my mental disabilities in order to better prepare me for dealing with them in the future. The program is going to be expensive, even with insurance, and I won't be able to work much while I'm in the program due to the extensive hours and my classes. Then, next year, I'll be back in the dorms and in school full-time. This makes paying for the service dog a lot harder.
I have already found a very low cost trainer (who also breeds and grooms her dogs) who is willing to work with me and a service dog, and I've started a GoFundMe fundraising page that has more information, and the Waunakee Tribune has interviewed me and has published this article on my fundraiser: The total cost for the puppy is $1,800 for an AKC verified standard poodle (they're hypoallergenic, and my step-dad is allergic), and $700 a month for boarding the dog and training it in the trainer's home (which I have visited and it is perfect for breeding and training). The trainer expects 3-5 months of training. Also, I will need to buy food and a crate for the dog, as well as equipment such as a leash and service vest with patches and registration, as well as veterinary costs for spaying/neutering and vaccines. I have a full-time job lined up for when I do get the dog and can return to full-time work, and my parents are paying for the intensive outpatient program recommended by my psychiatrist and therapist.  At this point, I'm looking for ways to get my story and fundraiser out to the community and I need help raising the money, and I'm trying to find organizations that can help me with that, or fund assistance due to my disability keeping me from working most of the time.
Also, it would mean the world to me if I could help educate others on psychiatric service dogs, and how invisible disabilities need them too
!Let me know what (if anything) you can do,
irving

Re: My need is a service dog

Post by irving »

I've have recently had a really bad string circumstances so I need a service, therapy dog. My brother being killed by an SUV, moved to Rochester to be closer to work which ate up all my extra money for first and last month’s rent plus deposits extra because of my dog, then a month later lost my job. My rent is due, I have no phone service, no gas, and literally 0 food other than for my service dog (praise the Lord). I could really use help got just this one time so I get a new job and get back on track. If the is any help available for a service dog, I would be incredibly grateful and return the blessing as soon as possible.
JeffreyAls

Re: My need is a service dog

Post by JeffreyAls »

Hello,
My name is Judy and I need a service dog. I have many health problems to which I've been in and out of the hospital, New heart condition, I see almost 20 doctor's throughout my appointments, and I no longer work since the end of 2017 due to my condition. I am on a fixed income and Need so much help, I don't have anyone, I care for myself best as I can.
Can you please help me? I'm also searching for a service dog if possible for my extreme anxiety and panic attacks.