I Need Assistance Finding Suitable Housing on SSDI Income

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
DisabledandNeedHelp
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I Need Assistance Finding Suitable Housing on SSDI Income

Post by DisabledandNeedHelp »

Hi, Everyone ~
I am writing because I am disabled and I desperately need help.
I recently moved into a "Studio Cabin" with "all utilities included." I was shown the cabin, paid a Deposit, and was horrified when I finally moved in, as nothing had been cleaned or repaired, as promised by the owner. It took a large part of my Disability Income to pay a Deposit, pay Movers, and wind up with a landlord who won't fix anything. It was 18 degrees last night, and my Beloved Service Animal and I had to sleep under every heavy piece of clothing I own, as the landlord refuses to return my calls to fix the Heater OR the Oven OR the draftiness throughout the cabin. I can't afford to move again!
Does ANYone know whom I might contact? The snow will be here SOON!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading,
Freezing in the Forest at 6400'
^j^
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I Need Assistance Finding Suitable Housing on SSDI Income

Post by Admin »

If the cabin, home, or apartment wasn't or is not in living condition, or what you expected, then I suggest talking to an attorney. Many will provide free legal advice, and pro bono legal services. Most states have these programs. What state are you in? The programs are mostly funded by the federal government, and lawyers can provide advice for a variety of home issues, like you are facing with your landlord. The landlord needs to fix the heater, oven, and ensure you can live there. Here is more info on many of the free legal programs across the country.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
DisabledandNeedHelp wrote:Hi, Everyone ~
I am writing because I am disabled and I desperately need help.
I recently moved into a "Studio Cabin" with "all utilities included." I was shown the cabin, paid a Deposit, and was horrified when I finally moved in, as nothing had been cleaned or repaired, as promised by the owner. It took a large part of my Disability Income to pay a Deposit, pay Movers, and wind up with a landlord who won't fix anything. It was 18 degrees last night, and my Beloved Service Animal and I had to sleep under every heavy piece of clothing I own, as the landlord refuses to return my calls to fix the Heater OR the Oven OR the draftiness throughout the cabin. I can't afford to move again!
Does ANYone know whom I might contact? The snow will be here SOON!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading,
Freezing in the Forest at 6400'
^j^
WalinAtkisson

Post by WalinAtkisson »

I am on SSDI but I don't know how to apply for any government aid for housing at all. They keep stealing my medication here please help me. I am 50 years old and I did have various jobs for 17 years. I have no one. I signed my own blank checks because I loved and trusted my parents. My phone number is 1-and I have never been married before and no children. June 11th was my one year anniversary here and no one has a car but me. And there are 7 other people living here so we need suitable housing for people on SSDI. Regina
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are charities and government programs that can help you find housing.
Some are for the disabled and people on SSI. And they will be handicapped accessible, etc. Try the resources on the site.