Find how to get help with rent
Martina Deb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Working 2 jobs

Post by Martina Deb »

Hello all,
I am looking for some help on getting me caught up with my rent. I am $1700 past due and have an eviction notice for the 22nd of this month. I am a single mother of 2 and I have no help from anyone or child support at this time. I have contacted so many different agencies and tried to get a small loan and no one can help. I have been giving my landlord as much as I can to show them that I am trying.
The reason why I am so behind is because my job messed up one of my checks last month which put me behind in rent and daycare and my other bills, so therefor I am trying to catch up on everything I owe right now. I work 2 jobs on and off just to be able to pay what I can and put food in the fridge to feed my kids. All I am asking is for a little bit of help as soon as I can get it. If you can help me that would be great if not please refer me to someone who can. I live in Canton, MI. But for time being please email me.
Aintlast

Re: Working 2 jobs

Post by Aintlast »

I got stranded in Arizona due to a lady totaling my car and I lost my job and my hotel in Denver. I had to leave everything I owned in the trunk of my car in the impound. I just managed to procure a plane ticket back to Colorado. I have two jobs lined up in Denver. I am going to be arriving there Wednesday morning and I have no place to live so I need rent help. I need help with a roof over my head. Bills are not a problem, I can pay my way I just really need help with getting into a home. I will be arriving with 5$ to my name.
DJack

Post by DJack »

After doing a Google search for eviction help I came upon your site. We have been struggling for months and we just keep sinking, even though we have 2 jobs each. A friend told me there are places that can help and that's why I searched for help. We received a 3 day pay or quit notice and have started packing for the almost inevitable outcome of being evicted. I think we owe the landlord $5,343.96 and they are not willing to work out a payment option with us now that we starting to be able to do a payment. they did offer it in the past when we was not able to and I had told them about our income and that hopefully soon we can start working on getting caught up but they have changed their mind and we are at a loss.
Little info about our household:
About a year ago my mom lost main big source of income from Premium Retail Services which was a Merchandising job and has been doing Merchandising for smaller companies but none can give the hours she needs to pay bills effectively. She was also being a food demonstrator at target but those only gave 6-8 days month. She has however recently found work at King Soopers and has been working there for a couple days now but our landlord is demanding rent and the back rent that we owe or we will be evicted.
I use to work as a line cook for Bambino's Italian Eatery and Catering company but they are have closed that location as they move to a new location and my income has taken a massive hit because the store was only supposed to be closed for about 2 weeks and it’s been about 4 now, I've been able to do some cleaning type work for my employer for a small bit of income, but the amount of hours I'm able to get is menial and barely able to keep my account from being over drafted. Before the store closing and moving I was making on average $800-900/Month from those 2 jobs.
Our house also has my 12 year old brother who is in the process of getting enrolled in the alternative night school.
If you can offer any help or can refer us to anyone who can offer us help ASAP that would greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you are working 2 jobs, do you want another part time one? (working from home). Or maybe get rid of 1 of the jobs and work from home mid time on another. Maybe it will improve your income as well as reduce stress. if so, then try these for assistance. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _bill.html
There are a number of resources offered and listed on the website for you.
Solazola

Post by Solazola »

Hi there, difficult to know where to start, so I’ll start with a list. I work 2 jobs, but current crisis’s are.
-$0 in the bank
-no childcare
-Unemployed
-multiple eviction notices while on the pending application status with OREAP since sept 2021. I owe $10,000+ since last year. Anxiety
-phone bill due today
-owe $700+ in taxes
-expecting court fines from last year
-mental/emotional grief trauma after shocking DNA results.
-long term uncertainty and stress since Covid
-Grief from so much loss overall
-car, phone, gas, and everyday expenses with children in sports
I’m in a frozen state of fear and anxiety lately even though I work 2 jobs I regularly speak to a therapist 2 a month and have been working with a skills trainer to help navigate resources. I’m not approved for TANF because I receive $600 in child support a month. That barely scratches the surface for the crisis I’m in. Also not eligible for child care assistance because I’m not employed. Honestly that rule makes no sense.
The biggest issue is catching up with bills owed, along with initial costs to secure daycare. After that’s secure I can commit to full time employment and get back to being the awesome single mom I used to be.
Before Covid I worked full time for a beverage distributor as a class A truck driver. Due to kids out of school I lost that job. Along with the world I had built around it but now I have 2 jobs. When the time came to go back, they wouldn’t hire me back. Devastated me, without understanding why. I tried to work for UPS as a seasonal worker, but was unable to finish because my daycare failed. Since then I’ve not been employed. I’ve been coasting by with no financial assistance other then food stamps, Little child support and what’s left from my small tax return. My bank is now empty. I had an interview with another delivery company but the hours were very early. I was struggling to figure out care for my kids that early. I’ve about given up on the hope with childcare help. Started trying to train my kids to get themselves up and off to school. But the dangers of that terrify me. I’ve been frantically trying to find a way out of this mess, trying to keep my sanity. My skills trainer had one last option to try since we exhausted all the other options. He wrote a request to OHP, approved by my therapist, for funds to cover costs for after school program for my daughter. That request was denied.
It seems one must go through all the hoops of rejection and fear and be in serious crisis before anyone will consider to help. During this madness I discovered some incredibly traumatic and shocking news about my DNA, my identity, my father is not my biological father. And then discovered actual biological father is already a relative. I’m still struggling to wrap my mind around this. It consumes me everyday. I need help. More help then my current therapist is trained for. I just want to be whole again and be the best mom I can for my kids. I’m an introverted person that takes pride in doing things myself. Honestly my pity party annoys me. I don’t want to be a burden. Asking for help is one of the hardest things for me, those my 2 jobs. Yet I know I can’t get out of this one without it.
I hope this reaches the right person. Thank you for taking the time to read all that.