Senior on permanent disability as income

State and local government assistance programs.
Maxie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Senior on permanent disability as income

Post by Maxie »

Hello, I'm a 61-year-old female who lives on permanent disability and my income is well below the government poverty level. I only make $861 a month and I wear an upper denture which recently got broken accidentally so my dentist sent in for prior authorization to Medicaid for a new upper denture but they denied the request so I sent in an appeal. Even had my doctor's office called them but my appeal got denied as well so I have to pay for them on my own because that would be two more years before Medicaid would pay for my denture and medically I cannot wait that long.
I have a dental appointment with my dentist on April 29th although I don't have all the money to pay for the denture due to my low income from permanent disability. I needed to go in to make sure how much it was going to be with the upper denture is $1,600.
I can't expect help with all of it I don't like asking for help to begin with but I don't have a choice because I have been without an upper denture since October 2021 and not being able to eat like I'm supposed to is causing my health issues to be worse.
I have what's called gastroparesis which means my stomach does not digest food so my food needs to be chewed up as much as possible to be able to get down into the intestine and I can't hardly eat anything so there is a Saint Vincent de Paul here in Wauseon Ohio where I live but I have severe hearing loss and I'm not able to talk on the phone and to be honest my kids are too busy to help me and I don't have much family left or anyone else to call for me.
So I am really hoping that you can help me in any way to help with the cost of the upper denture because it's medically necessary for me, as a senior whose only income is disability, to have one not to mention that I have depression and high anxiety and I rarely leave my apartment. So please respond to my messages as soon as possible so I know whether or not you can help me because I have been searching for months for help and have not found anyone.
If I could get some assistance I have the name and address of my dentist that I can give. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you
Terri
Emilie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Senior on permanent disability as income

Post by Emilie »

Hello I am presently requesting help finding assistance with my electric bill with Duke energy. I received help approximately five or six months ago from salvation army but due to my health condition as I am on permanent disability. I am unable to return to work and is in the process of applying for permanent disability with Social Security administration as a senior.
I called the Onslow county department of social services they said I do not qualify for assistance through their program. I do not know of any other charities that is currently providing assistance to disabled seniors. If you can help me with this I would greatly appreciate this.