Find how to get help with rent
Brice1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living in Airbnb

Post by Brice1 »

Hi,
My husband and I were evicted from our home in May.
We have a son who we have sent to stay with family while we search for housing in the suburbs of Tampa FL.
We've been turned down many times. I even paid a deposit of $547 to a company to be a lease guarantor and THEY'VE been turned down twice.
We're living out of Airbnb’s and wasting a lot of money while trying to find some place to live with bad credit and an eviction.
we are not considered low-income, so it has been hard finding help. Could you assist?
Alessia

Re: Living in Airbnb

Post by Alessia »

I'm in a situation where me, my fiancé, my daughter and our two dogs are renting rooms with family. Rent is paid up, but they just told us we must be out by Friday and we will be living in an AirBNB. My family threw all our stuff into one room and took away use of all appliances. We have been trying to work out an agreement, but they are set on us moving now. I have no money saved for the Airbnb and won't until taxes return. Is there any way that I can get help till taxes are returned even if we must pay it back? I don't know what else to do. I'm in Dunkirk, NY.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are in an Airbnb then you probably need many forms of assistance - housing, food, deposit or moving help, case management and more. We do have resources on free money and programs for housing, which may benefit you as you move from the Airbnb. Learn more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html
Cambridge1

Post by Cambridge1 »

Thank you for this opportunity to share my situation with someone, anyone, who may be in a position to offer advice and or guidance to me in this effort to continue living in the same AIRBNB unit that has been my home for the past ten months. This is an effort to keep from becoming homeless again.
My name is Floyd, and I am 60 years old living in an Airbnb after being homeless about a year ago. I have been receiving disability benefits, ever since his Honor Judge Paine gave a fully favorable decision in the determination that I will be disabled for a lifetime, this was some twenty or so years ago. I was given an opportunity to pursue a reasonable quality of life and was so very grateful that I could then move forward with my disability, and also everyday normal challenges, successes, and failures. I was, and am still, overwhelmed with the sense of security and now peace of mind, reminding me that I live in a country that makes possible these aspects of life that more than likely would have never been known. We are so lucky.
Forty-seven thousand dollars paid in monthly amounts of 395.00 eventually becoming 420.00.I was late twice by one day when the roads were closed because of winter conditions. I was able to negotiate the 40.00-dollar late fee after a realty associate agreed to invoke a reasonable accommodations request on behalf of myself, that my physical disability made the near mile trek to the "home" office a difficult and dangerous undertaking. I am so lucky.
When the kitchen sink overflowed and did some damage to my unit and the one directly below mine, I was very concerned. I went down to the unit which was damaged and occupied by a very sweet and gentle person with special needs who was understandably quite escalated seeing the carpet soaking wet and concerned about her best friend Gladys the cat. I called management, applied several water loss solutions, even setting out several fans I had, in an effort to keep this accident from causing my friend and neighbor anymore and unneeded interruptions in her life. It was my fault.
I had taken a new medication prescribed by my doctor of twenty years for peripheral neuropathy with neurogenic claudication’s, before I was aware of the sedative effects of it, thinking that was a good time to do the dishes. It wasn't a very good decision.
That is why I agreed without argument to pay the eighteen hundred dollars which the third-party service "crew" of one charged me for the qualified event of setting out a few more fans, and adding a three foot strip of floor threshold that separated the kitchen from the living room. When I received the bill for the forty-five-minute emergency water loss intervention by the certified technician of such catastrophic apocalypse, I was stunned to discover the one hundred plus dollar price tag for that three foot piece of metal.
He (the freshly diploma, I'm guessing high-school), technician, noted that the threshold I had in my possession at that time and had left in that unit to be available and used was determined be below the "stringent standards and codes" level of quality that he strives to provide for his "valued and important" clients. I paid every cent of that bill without any regret less I get to know my meds before I undertake any other dangerous household chores. One thousand eight hundred dollars, each month ,every month until my mistake was fully financially returned to normal status. My social security disability monthly benefit amount at that time was about 800.00. The realty agent and property management technician and associate that was tasked with the responsibility of ensuring the suggested amount of 200.00 per month consecutively and in a timely manner be properly and necessarily appropriated to satisfy their ever exhausted repair course. That was 200.00 plus my monthly rent amount of 420.00. I felt good and was satisfied that I did the responsible things that are simply the right things to do in that type of event. I was naive enough to think maybe I would be recognized by the management "team" as someone the building owner would consider a solid investment as a responsible and conscience entity for many years.
It is now 2022. The pandemic disaster complicated everyone's life. It complicated my "landlord's" life, too. This became very clear to me when I received the first notice of rental rate increase, which I could not afford causing me to be evicted and homeless. That of course then lead to the Airbnb.
Perfect to the letter of Washington State law (explained in simple easy to understand language) at least once within this "informative effort" on their behave to make the transition less stressful and more easily manageable. The new rate.......800.00 per month. This less stressful and more easily managed amount was increased from the amount I had been paying for the last several years of 420.00 per month. That was thoughtful, I believed. Sixty days forward and my door is complimented with yet another notice of intent to increase my rent amount.......this time I will be able to less stressful and more easily manage the new and necessary amount of 1075.00 per month. No problem. paycheck 978.00, rent 1075.00. Yes, it was a tough year for all. Apparently tougher for some than others, I guess. I forgot to mention. I was given the opportunity to be in the presence of the building owner I am living in who rented me the Airbnb with the intent of negotiating a reasonable solution. The less than ten-minute meeting arranged for me ended with the statement, " are you a veteran, do you have cancer?" and " if you can't afford to pay your rent you can always move, what do you want? to die there." Well he was right, I could move to an Airbnb. You see I wasn’t a veteran and at that time did not have cancer. But all is good as he handed me a torn piece of notepaper that had the phone number of a. local charity scribbled on it. He said he had plans for me.
Ok. enough is enough. My rent for the Airbnb I am living in now is more than my disability benefits. I sure didn't think that many years earlier as his honor presented me with this wonderfully opportunity to pursue a reasonable quality of life, would end with me having to beg a local charity for help in simply existing, with shelter, for Oscar, Felix,(my companion cats), and me so I am not homeless again. Have a nice day.
I am so lucky.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Flyod
If you are in an AirBnb we are not sure if a charity or rent assistance program will help with that, but you can try. There are national and local resources, and try this for renters relief near you.
Cambridge1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:37 am Thank you for this opportunity to share my situation with someone, anyone, who may be in a position to offer advice and or guidance to me in this effort to continue living in the same AIRBNB unit that has been my home for the past ten months. This is an effort to keep from becoming homeless again.