On the section 8 lottery list

Find how to get help with rent
Denise234
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

On the section 8 lottery list

Post by Denise234 »

Hello, my name is Kay and I’m reaching out to you for help for my sister who is on section 8 lottery list. She applied for the section 8 lottery and is still waiting. She got approved last year and then once she got approved, they denied her. Anyway, with Coronavirus she has faced many hardships financially. She currently is in the eviction process, and she has 3 children. 15 14 and 1 year old. Without shelter she won't be able to work find work and even begin to get back on her feet. It's not safe for her and 3 kids to be on the street with the pandemic in such a high risk. I’m not sure if this will help but I'm asking if there is anything you can do to help this family it would be Forever appreciated and grateful. She is a single mother who gets no help and has never asked for help and in this time, she is at desperate need. She is a very responsible person, and she is the best mother to her kids I wouldn't recommend anybody else.
Her name is Kimberly and lottery number for DHS housing is 600545 please if there is anything you can do it would mean the world to me. Her kids didn't have a Christmas and having a home would be the best Christmas gift anybody could ask for. I'm just not sure what will happen once she is out of her home, and I really think she needs the help and resources.
Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me or lead me. in the right direction to help this family dodge the risk of homelessness and the risk of Covid-19.
Skyv

Re: On the section 8 lottery list

Post by Skyv »

I am 62 years old and disabled and don’t drive a car. I applied for the section 8 lottery list.
I live at private apartments complex for the pass 10 years and on section 8 voucher from the list.
Got to move by October 31 2022.
And have give a 30 days notice.
I want stay in my zip code 29316 and get another private apartment complex or house.
Want something safe and clean.
I need help with going to find a apartment or to get back on the section 8 lottery list for another unit.
Also need help security deposit.
Background check and application fees.
First month rent.
I don’t have funds for this.
Once I get in a new apartment I be able to the bills.
Also I need help packing and moving.
I am afraid I am going to be homeless without help from the lottery.
Got no one to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: On the section 8 lottery list

Post by Admin »

The lottery list for section 8 can be "bypassed" every now and then. There are emergency or expedited vouchers to apply for. The process is different, and each PHA or housing authority will make exceptions. Learn about the section 8 emergency housing voucher program. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ucher.html