Housing for kids of Kinship program

Find how to get help with rent
Apple
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing for kids of Kinship program

Post by Apple »

Hello my name is Kenzie,
I'm writing you in regards to my sister Kimberly Evans who needs housing as part of Kinship of kids. She as of yesterday April 4th 2022 is homeless with her 15-year-old son, 16 year old daughter and three-year-old daughter, which she got those kids as part of the Kinship program. They currently live in their car but it's extremely difficult. She's in Denver Colorado currently works doordash but with her schedule and conflicting times being at a shelter and leaving the children is not an option so she's unable to work because of the stipulations of the facilities where she cannot leave her children.
She is a part of the ACP address confidentiality program due to domestic violence and her kids being molested by their father back in 2017. He is now sentenced and serving time but that has been a big hardship for her.
Our dad shot himself in front of her, and her 15 and 16 year old back in 2017 then became aware of what was happening to her children then became kinship of our younger sister's daughter then COVID happened then our mother died so it's like she can't catch a break this series of hardships come one after another. She is a single mom and she does do the best she can. She is certified to be a medical assistant but since covid has not been able to work and now that covid's over to go back to that job since she's homeless it's impossible because there's nowhere for the children to be why she's at work as well as now she works doordash.
But the same issue is not being able to leave the children wherever because of the hours conflicting with the rules and regulations of shelters. She has applied for a rental assistance and other assistance and has received no help. I told her I would try to find other resources or people who could help her in this time of need, she's never received any housing before or ask for help like that from anyone. Since she's on the ACP program her benefits have been paused because of ACP she deals with one case worker and one case worker only so nobody else can help her with anything but that person and she has been no help so therefore food stamps and any other benefits other than Medicaid have stopped.
In order for her to get her and her children back stable it all starts with a place to be safe and live. I know that if she didn't have to worry about where her kids were going to be she would be able to work and then eventually be financially able to survive with her children but until then it is definitely a struggle at this point impossible. Please if you have any resources or can help I would be happy to answer any more questions as well as providing you with her information to get in touch with her and possibly a permanent resolution for her, who needs housing due to Kinship
I thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing for kids of Kinship program

Post by Admin »

Yes, the Kinship programs can help grandparents find/pay for home or housing. That is great you are taking care of your grandkids! But we can't even begin to understand the financial challenge from that. But look here for programs that help with rent.