Homeless shelter

Find how to get help with rent
Tweed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless shelter

Post by Tweed »

My I'm unemployed and 41 yrs old. I am in need of a place to go and I'm trying to find a homeless shelter and it is very difficult to get too far for some reason locating one and I badly need to or I won't have a place to sleep tonight. I was staying with my mother and I am having so many problems there I left and now I don't have any where to sleep or bathe, no food without buying it and I have to borrow money for gas to look for work as it is. I don't have a job right now and I have filed for unemployment, but they haven't made a final decision yet and won't probably for another week at least. I hoped you may know where a homeless shelter is? If so could you please tell me and a food bank that gives you something to eat close by it would be very helpful also. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless shelter

Post by Admin »

Have you applied for section 8 housing. It is a federal government low income housing program, and it can get people into an apartment, and also limit the amount of money that that they need to pay towards their monthly rent. When you get approved for unemployment, you should get back payments too, which will then provide you some money that can be used towards a home or apartment too. Look more into the vouchers at the section 8 housing resource.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
Tweed wrote:My I'm unemployed and 41 yrs old. I am in need of a place to go and I'm trying to find a homeless shelter and it is very difficult to get too far for some reason locating one and I badly need to or I won't have a place to sleep tonight. I was staying with my mother and I am having so many problems there I left and now I don't have any where to sleep or bathe, no food without buying it and I have to borrow money for gas to look for work as it is. I don't have a job right now and I have filed for unemployment, but they haven't made a final decision yet and won't probably for another week at least. I hoped you may know where a homeless shelter is? If so could you please tell me and a food bank that gives you something to eat close by it would be very helpful also. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

Dear Representative:
Currently I am living in Vancouver Washington and have not been able to see my family. I came here to settle, put my degree to use in a career, establish myself and bring my family to me. Once the economy started to fail, I was laid off. For the past 5 or so years, I was able to do some temporary assignments, but then last May, after a job ended, I have not been able to find employment here at all. I am now living at the homeless shelter and have no resources to be able to change this. I feel that I need to be close to my family and am trying to find any program and/or avenue to get a one way ticket to get home. I want to see them for Christmas, but I know it takes time. Still, I would like to request any information possible about possible avenues to take to get a Greyhound ticket so I can relocate to where I can be a part of my family's lives. Thank you so much,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may be able to get out of that homeless shelter in Clark County / Vancouver Washington. A number of agencies offer low income housing and so called rapid rehousing programs, which can help pay rent, deposits, and other expenses. Read the details on assistance in Clark county Washington, including phone numbers for agencies like the Vancouver Washington Community Housing Resource Center (360) 690-4496 and other charities.
Lutz99 wrote:Dear Representative:
Currently I am living in Vancouver Washington and have not been able to see my family. I came here to settle, put my degree to use in a career, establish myself and bring my family to me. Once the economy started to fail, I was laid off. For the past 5 or so years, I was able to do some temporary assignments, but then last May, after a job ended, I have not been able to find employment here at all. I am now living at the homeless shelter and have no resources to be able to change this. I feel that I need to be close to my family and am trying to find any program and/or avenue to get a one way ticket to get home. I want to see them for Christmas, but I know it takes time. Still, I would like to request any information possible about possible avenues to take to get a Greyhound ticket so I can relocate to where I can be a part of my family's lives. Thank you so much,
Brushes

Post by Brushes »

I am in desperate need of rental assistance or info on local shelters. We will have jobs but it just isn't enough to cover our rent. We just moved here in October and we wrecked our car on the way. Looking for jobs has been horrible so we all took jobs at Wal-Mart giving surveys over the phone but we only received 30 hours in 2 weeks and it simply won't make the rent.
Avon_walk

Post by Avon_walk »

I have been a resident of NJ most of my life. I paid taxes until I was forced by a disability to stop working. I am on SSDI and my income is below the requirements for housing help. I have been to Social Services offices on many occasions, however I am told that my income is too high. I have been homeless and currently staying with my daughter and her 4 children (one is a newborn), in a small 3 bedroom home. I have over-stayed my welcome and the children need their room back. I need help! Please. Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are countless short term shelters in New Jersey and nationwide. Some may be for one night, and others can offer help for weeks or even months. What did the social service office say? Is there room in a transitional housing programs? Anyway, call some of the agencies directly as well. Locate shelter and transitional housing programs.
IsabellaTaylor

Post by IsabellaTaylor »

I am in need of emergency homeless shelter starting Friday I have ran out of money and food I have an apartment becoming December 3 but need help intel then and with the weather getting colder I am staying at a hotel now but only paid up till Friday. If you can’t help could you please direct me to someone who maybe can. I had to move out of my home because it was deemed a biohazard. So I need access to a shower daily at a homeless shelter. I am a senior with service dog
I am in Las Vegas Nevada
Thank you in advance
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many shelters and short term housing programs in Las Vegas. Homeless shelters, cold weather housing, and more. Most have showers and hygiene supplies too. Find details on homeless shelters in Las Vegas.
IsabellaTaylor wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 am I am in need of emergency homeless shelter starting Friday I have ran out of money and food I have an apartment becoming December 3 but need help intel then and with the weather getting colder I am staying at a hotel now but only paid up till Friday. If you can’t help could you please direct me to someone who maybe can. I had to move out of my home because it was deemed a biohazard. So I need access to a shower daily at a homeless shelter. I am a senior with service dog
I am in Las Vegas Nevada
Thank you in advance