Find charities that can provide help and assistance
shirlee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Getting out of jail

Post by shirlee »

Hello,
I don't know if this is the correct place to start.
My daughter is currently in Salt Lake County Jail and is set to get out on July 12th.
She wasn't in for murder or anything that serious. But she has no place to go or
a job to go back to at the moment. Do you happen to have any suggestions
of somewhere she can go?
She is 27 and wants to get her life back in order and be a successful person. But she can't do that living on the streets.
Does Catholic community services offer any kind of assistance for her?
KristenK

Re: Getting out of jail

Post by KristenK »

Hello, I am a senior on a fixed income, my problem is that I have a son that is in jail in El Paso Texas. I am very embarrassed to ask for financial help, but I need to bail my son put of jail this week, or he is going to go to trial on the 21st of April.
He is being unjustly accused of crimes that have already been cleared by hIs accusers, but because he has a record, which he already paid with 8 years of his life, they want to incarcerate him for 25 years. Please, is there anybody out there that can help me? I will certainly pay this back with some sort of arrangement. Thank you.
trex

Post by trex »

My Daughter is 27 years old and has nowhere to live. She has tried living on the streets, but that
Just got her in trouble with drugs of which she is recovered. But she has been in jail serving her fines, and is
Afraid to come out and be on the streets for fear of getting into the bad scene.
She wants to better herself, get a job to afford a place to live in the Salt Lake area.
Can your program help her or suggest anything?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a rapid rehousing program in Salt Lake which can get her into a shelter. They also coordinate drug rehab, help with employment, and charities will give furniture and other support. Then maybe she can move from a shelter to a more permanent home.
trex wrote:My Daughter is 27 years old and has nowhere to live. She has tried living on the streets, but that
Just got her in trouble with drugs of which she is recovered. But she has been in jail serving her fines, and is
Afraid to come out and be on the streets for fear of getting into the bad scene.
She wants to better herself, get a job to afford a place to live in the Salt Lake area.
Can your program help her or suggest anything?
Rested

Post by Rested »

I’m really embarrassed to have to ask for help, but I desperately need it as I just got of jail. I’m about to be evicted from my apartment and I have been denied social security. They say that is what happens 99% of the time, and you just need to appeal and apply again. With help if you can. But I currently have an eviction notice and my son and I can’t lose our home. The balance is $1,000 dollars. I know that is a lot, anything towards that would help and be greatly appreciated.