Landlord harassed me and I do not speak English

Find how to get help with rent
Elephant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Landlord harassed me and I do not speak English

Post by Elephant »

live in apartment called Villa Regia Apartments. My landlord is harassing me as I due not speak English. Management failed to resolve these incidents. I have been dealing with this for 3 years and had to eventually reach out to corporate. Management established an unprofessional close relationship with the tenants of this matter; the manager slanders my name to my neighbors making it difficult for me and my family to feel safe. We repeatedly have been harassed, stalked, and discriminated against Mrs. Nava and her kids called my family discriminatory names and profanity language numerous of times. Mrs. Nava likes to get close relatives of hers to approach and harass me while I’m getting out of my car. Mrs. Nava brother approached me while I was getting groceries out of the car about the incident that happened back in 2019 when Mrs. Nava son called me discriminatory name and profanity language and then switched his story saying I was touching his sister's car on the reason why he approached me by my car. Mrs. Nava daughter approached me by my car asking is my son filming them.
I told her no and what my son is doing on my phone is none of your business. Mrs. Nava daughter and Mr. Parse kids said nobody likes you, your neighbors don't like you as you do not speak English. We don't want you here *. Mrs. Nava likes to stalk me and my family while she is in her car and speeds up like she is going to hit us. Mrs. Nava and her family likes to bang and play loud music repeatedly until midnight I informed the landlord about this Ana Castro and former other managers before her. Mrs. Nava said she is friends with the manager. She also said I know you told on us, and I have friends that work at corporate. Mr. Parsa and his kids say profanity language towards my family over the balcony. They also like to harass and say discriminatory names towards my family over the balcony and also like to harass and say discriminatory names towards my family when their window is open. Mr. Parsa and his kids have a repeated pattern of calling other people neighbors’ kids discriminatory names, non-English and the landlord keeps harassing us.
I reached out to management numerous times of such treatment there was no response from management of the harrassment. We never established a resolution, and the situation continues to escalate. When I went to management to complain about the harassment, stalking and discrimination from my neighbors. Lisa Mark who is the employee that lives on the premises made a racist remark (about angry black woman) which led me to contact corporate. When I realized corporate wasn't planning on doing anything. I filed a complaint against corporate with department of fair employment and housing. My case was proven, and I was compensated. Ever since I was compensated the manager Ana Castro and my neighbors Liliana Nava and Mohammad Parsa Has been retaliating against me and my family. On 12/20/21 process server served me some papers from villa regia apartment attorney stating termination of tenancy due to not speaking English.
In this letter it says that I must vacate my unit by 1/17/22 because there is criminal and nuisance activities. Then it says that a person overheard me call Hispanics wet backs. This is false my step kids are Puerto Rican, and my best friend is Hispanic. In the letter it says that I pushed a pregnant woman that was a former tenant, they said that I fought a minor child and told the child to shut the * up. in the letter it says that my husband threatened them and said he can get people to come over here and take this to another level and they said there was a person standing upstairs for several hours that was a guest of mines.
This is all false accusations and harassment from the landlord. If that was true, then why did management compensate me money through department of fair employment and housing. My rights as a tenant have been violated and management and my 2 neighbors are retaliating against me because I informed agencies about the discrimination and harassment . Management never talked to none of my witnesses that seen these incidents. I have 2 children which one is disable, my children don't deserve to have buckets of water thrown on them while they are on the patio or being questioned if their using their gaming devices to video them. Stolen packages on my doorstep. My tires have been slashed by the landlord my car got vandalized, I had discriminatory notes left on my car about not speaking English My neighbors are simply retaliating against me because I complained to the leasing office/ management. Since things have been escalating, I felt that I needed to put up cameras because we are afraid for our safety.
YARA SKYE
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord harassed me and I do not speak English

Post by YARA SKYE »

Hello, my name is Heaven and I live in Bogart Georgia, I was doing some research and a friend of mine told me to contact you guys for help for a non-English speaker from landlord harassment. My fiancé just lost his job after the holidays and I’m currently working part time and don’t make enough to cover rent this month. Our rent is $500 and I bring home 200 every week, but the landlord keeps pushing for more money but I do not speak English so we can't negotiate. . He is currently looking for a job but that doesn’t help us for rent being due by the 5th of this month. I was wondering if there was any way you guys would be able to help me with this month rent? I have animals and really don’t want to be homeless from not being able to pay my landlord. God bless, and I hope to hear from you all soon. Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord harassed me and I do not speak English

Post by Admin »

Hi Heaven,
Try free legal aid and attorneys in Georgia. Many of the pro-bono firms help immigrants and non-English speakers, and they assist with landlord harassments cases too. Look here for free lawyers for tenants in GA.
YARA SKYE wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:40 pm Hello, my name is Heaven and I live in Bogart Georgia, I was doing some research and a friend of mine told me to contact you guys for help for a non-English speaker from landlord harassment.