Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Sam Tool
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Caregivers son

Post by Sam Tool »

To whom it may concern,
I'm a single father of a handicap 45-year-old son. I am his only caregiver which is 24/7. My income is very limited. Recently the vehicle that I have to use for transportation which is also handicap accessible for my son has broken down. Being of limited income I don't have the budget to get it fixed but I definitely need my vehicle. I was hoping you would be able to point me in the right direction to find a resources in my area that may be able to help me get it fixed.
I'm also looking for resources and the appropriate classes and groups that I may be able to get him in locally to help teach him how to better take care of himself as far as his hygiene and just basic needs. As I mentioned I'm a single father and being of low income and not knowing which way to turn when I need help I'm hitting roadblocks everywhere I turn. We reside in Tazewell county Virginia. My son has very limited ability to speak but can text like anybody else, and that is why I am my sons caregiver. His mobility is wheelchair which he loves his electric scooter power chair but it too is wearing out and starting to show signs of issues. This vehicle is my only transportation really one that allows me to get my son from doctor's appointments, Church, grocery store and just every place my son wants or needs to go. I have found some resources as far as snaps, medical coverage help and my son received the check every month. But even with his income in my combined that just isn't enough to allow the budget to be able to get a vehicle fixed take care of a home and my son and the bills. I don't know where else to turn so please help... We live in Tazewell county Virginia area as I mentioned. Any and all resources that might be beneficial that I might qualify for I'm interested in hearing about them. If you would like to reach out by phone give me a call or text a friend of mine she can relay the messages unfortunately cell service or home phone is not in the budget either.
Thank you... And I look forward to hearing back from you very soon...