Programs to get medications for disabled

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
vianey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Programs to get medications for disabled

Post by vianey »

I was on your website today because I am at a dead end. I do not know what to do anymore. I moved down here with my mom on March 1, 2013 and have been trying to get a job and seeing I was just turned down again just because I am not on medication for my bipolar, anxiety, and depression I can not get a job.

But to be on these medications I have to go to a physiologist to get the medications. The cost is over over $1551.99 just for one for one months worth the others costs $106.98; $228.99; $79.99 and then I have to also be on stomach medication which also costs $461.99. I also found out through Spartanburg South Carolina hospital that I have vertigo which limits my ability to go heights. If I am not working how can I afford them. I seriously do not understand this state and the disability program.

I sit in my bedroom all day crying because I am losing this battle. I hate life right now because of moving down here and not being able to get a job because of my medical problems. I can't get help because I do not pay anything to my mom to live in her house but they cant afford my medical problems because they are both retired. What am I to do I have a truck payment and cant pay that WHAT AM I TO DO. I have filed for disability and they denied me.
Romnee

Re: Programs to get medications for disabled

Post by Romnee »

I am a disabled person needing more help financially, I am able to work part-time, but I am not able to get a job and feel that my disability is a problem getting a job and holding a job.
I currently get SSDI, Food stamps, Medicare & Medicaid. Also, is there any place you could recommend for me to apply for help on paying my prescription drugs? Thank you for taking your time to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anyone with a disability can look into patient assistance programs. These will usually give medications at a discount, maybe as much as 40 percent off. However each will vary based on the company and medication needed. But you need to take action and can't feel sad. Try a counseling agency in South Carolina as well, and here is more information on them.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ms_pr.html
Red Smith

Post by Red Smith »

Hi,
I live in Montgomery County Maryland, am disabled and need medications. I have gotten in touch with one of the community action agencies back in November and the medication’s I need are from a compounding pharmacy which means they make the medication for you specifically for your disability issues. But the medication runs out every month & insurance does not cover it. So that 1 agency only paid for me 1x . I have applied for disability benefits . But it takes 4-6 months to get approved for the medications I need. I need some other resources to help me financially for the special medication’s and I need to get my car insurance paid for so I can drive to my doctors appointment‘s. I have terrible stress on top of these issues, qhich lead to me being disabled. So I need the right guidance on what to do. Please advise.