Turned off lights

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
hulcomb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Turned off lights

Post by hulcomb »

i am in need of help please they turned of our light our gas is about to get turned i have 1 16 year old baby in the house. We been struggling paying our light and gas bills with our income, and haven't been able to find a second job. My partner works partime and hasn't been able to find a full time job if u guys can help us please get in touch with me. We are in desperately need of help
EdM

Power is shut off

Post by EdM »

my power is shut off and my bill will be payed in full but they wont turn turn my power back on because in march my daughter moved in after her daughter died of cancer and had a out standing elec bill there holdin me to to pay that also.please help.this bill is to a diff address and not mine.please call me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Power is shut off

Post by Admin »

This doesn't sound right. I assume you called the utility company and told them this? What state do you live in? If the power company still does not turn your power on, then I think you need to look into legal advice. Attorneys can provide free assistance and consultations, and help with utility issues, and some of them are funded by government programs and non-profits. Here is a listing of lawyers for most states http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
EdM wrote:my power is shut off and my bill will be payed in full but they wont turn turn my power back on because in march my daughter moved in after her daughter died of cancer and had a out standing elec bill there holdin me to to pay that also.please help.this bill is to a diff address and not mine.please call me
mikej23231

Lights out

Post by mikej23231 »

hi my name is brandy my boyfriend and i are both currently unemployed our lights are on in my moms name because of the new way our electric company comes up with the deposit amount made it an unusually large deposit that we didnt have so she helped us the only way she could be out of work herself. now i'm goin in for surgery tomorrow our lights are scheduled to be cut off and go out this weekend. We live in Alachua County. We have 5 little girls thats not going to be easy to deal with. i am dealing with all of this because of a mess up with unemployment once again please contact Brandy or Aaron with any ideas or help please and god bless
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lights out

Post by Admin »

You do have some options and places to turn to get help paying your deposit or electric bills. The top agencies in Alachua County include Central Florida Community Action Agency Inc. Their number is (352) 373-7667. They run the emergency assistance program, as well as the low income home energy assistance program.
The crisis component may be able to help in your emergency situation. The main office is located in Gainesville, but they support the entire county and local area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ry_as.html
mikej23231 wrote:hi my name is brandy my boyfriend and i are both currently unemployed our lights are on in my moms name because of the new way our electric company comes up with the deposit amount made it an unusually large deposit that we didnt have so she helped us the only way she could be out of work herself. now i'm goin in for surgery tomorrow our lights are scheduled to be cut off and go out this weekend. We live in Alachua County. We have 5 little girls thats not going to be easy to deal with. i am dealing with all of this because of a mess up with unemployment once again please contact Brandy or Aaron with any ideas or help please and god bless
Butter

Re: Turned off lights

Post by Butter »

I have been in my home with no power for a week my unemployment ended I have been looking for work my son and I will probably be homeless come the firs due to not having the rent money Iam trying to avoid that from happening at least until the end of december please I need this help as the holidays are here and we already spent thanksgiving in the dark with no lights all I ask is for a lil bit of help till the end of december when my lease is up.Thank You in advance my son and I will greatly appreciated.God Bless You All. I live in Bentonville AR
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Isn't that sort of where Wal-Mart is located, in the northwest section of Arkansas? There are some rent and homeless prevention programs in the area. And they may have thanksgiving and holiday aid as well. Try some of these agencies and non-profits. Try calling the Northwest Arkansas Free Health & Dental Center, and the phone number is 479-444-7548.
If you need even more places to try in Bentonville, also try calling these places. St. Francis Clinic of Siloam Springs/ St. Francis House Inc. (479-524-9550)
Both may have rent and/or housing programs, and other aid like debt and foreclosure programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Butter wrote:I have been in my home with no power for a week my unemployment ended I have been looking for work my son and I will probably be homeless come the firs due to not having the rent money Iam trying to avoid that from happening at least until the end of december please I need this help as the holidays are here and we already spent thanksgiving in the dark with no lights all I ask is for a lil bit of help till the end of december when my lease is up.Thank You in advance my son and I will greatly appreciated.God Bless You All. I live in Bentonville AR
Carolina

Post by Carolina »

My father has a back disease that prevents him from working and he is trying to get on disability but his wife left him and he does not get but $82.00 per week from unemployment. So, his lights were cut off in November 2011 and he has been without lights since then. The light department said there were no charitable foundations within that electric company that could assist him. So, I was wondering who can I get in touch with about helping him find a place that will help him get his lights back on and help him a little with the utilities.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your post is pretty generic and doesn't contain information on your state, county, or other needed information. So our reply will be basic/generic. Please use this for information on energy assistance programs. Sometimes charitable foundations are in your community too, like Catholic Charities or Salvation Army.
Try this http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html for more general tips.

Carolina wrote:My father has a back disease that prevents him from working and he is trying to get on disability but his wife left him and he does not get but $82.00 per week from unemployment. So, his lights were cut off in November 2011 and he has been without lights since then. The light department said there were no charitable foundations within that electric company that could assist him. So, I was wondering who can I get in touch with about helping him find a place that will help him get his lights back on and help him a little with the utilities.
Brees

Post by Brees »

I'm looking for help any help would be appreciated. My lights will be turned off tomorrow & we are behind on bills we've been waiting for a check in the mail from child support since April. Its hard right now my daughter’s birthday is also in a few days & I don't want to be without lights. If you could help in any way or give me any info on getting other help please I would very much appreciate it God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are really close to having your power turned off, then look into LIHEAP. There is even an emergency component to it. Maybe they can hold you over until you get that check from child support. We also have information on legal aid on the site, so maybe someone can help you garnish wages for that money due for your child. Learn more LIHEAP programs.
GSCI2

Post by GSCI2 »

Hey, I'm composing this message for my mother Due to the fact that her vision is blurred. We are really in desperate need for assistance on our old light bill and we have been living from house to house ever since I was in 7th grade. We've been trying to get on our feet and right now we're doing okay, it's just that my mother has a 1300 hundred dollar light bill that we can't afford to pay right now.
We are currently living with an aunt in Atlanta Georgia. She has 4 kids of her own and we are all packed in a 3 bedroom apartment. I'm currently 7 months pregnant and my child doesn't even have a home to come home too. I'm tired of stressing and can't get any help from anyone. We only need help on paying this light bill and we will be able to afford an income based apartment, if you will please just consider this message and get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Bluetooth

Post by Bluetooth »

I live in Etowah county Alabama. I am trying to get help with my ligt bill. It has been turned off and we are having trouble getting it back on. We owe 839 and some change. The bill is in my husbands name.
We have a 22 month old son. My husband has a job but is only making 180 a week and that just isn’t helping us any, most of that has to go toward our son for food and diapers and what ever he may need at the time. If you can please help us let me know, thank you for your time and have a great day.
Buddha Relax

Post by Buddha Relax »

Please my light can be disconnected on 12/14/2017. I need help to turn it on. I'm single mom with only one income a month. We're I live the AC Unit and everything don't work and they make me pay a high $$$.
I try to talk to any agency and show proof and nothing. Want to move out of here but we don't have the money ether. Hope you can help. Thanks.