Caretaker for a family member

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Fritz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Caretaker for a family member

Post by Fritz »

Hello,
My brother lives in El Dorado County California. We need a caretaker for him.
He lives alone in a very rural area.
He is on SSI.
He us a stroke survivor who is partially paralyzed on one side.
He has stage 4 esophageal cancer and receives chemo.
He has mental issues which prevent him from being able to attend to normal adult responsibilities such as searching for support help, filling out forms and submitting forms, making medical appointments and other appointments. MOST IMPORTANT he has been approved multiple times for IHSS services which he needs desperately, but he is unable to do all the things necessary to actually get a caretaker in place for his family. He has expressed his needs in regard to this many times, which is amazing he was able to express this to the IHSS people. He has serious issues trying to deal with various agencies. The IHSS go no further than to send him a list of names. He cannot do the needed steps to obtain a caretaker. When he reaches out for help they tell him what to do and it may seem easy to them but he just cannot do it. The fact that he has been approved for several years and just seeing him would convince anyone that he does definitely need assistance. He just cant do it. He cant arrange for it. He also cannot do research to find out if there are any benefits out there that can help him.
I just cannot stress how badly in need of assistance he is for a caretaker.
This assistance would be to facilitate/arrange the obtaining and implantation if approved and or available benefits.
(IHSS CARETAKER SO VERY BADLY NEEDED)
It wouldn't be a constant need, just an initial arrangement of needed services. And maybe, hopefully, a check-in every once in awhile to see how things are going. Maybe a contact number he can call for support with difficult processes.
Please, If this is the right place to beg for help or if you know specifically of a place which can provide this help, you would be saving his life. His condition and the condition he is living with could be easily helped if the right person could become aware of his great needs.
I cared for him 100% for 3 years. But as his sister, he does not relate to me or treat me like he does anyone else. I am definitely not able to help him. I gave as much as I could for years, to my detriment. It made me also disabled and took away every thing I held dear in life. This is my last hope to help him get assistance. We are no longer on speaking terms and he hated me as does his one and only friend. I do not wish him ill. I just want to know that when I cut off most of my contact with him, he will have someone who knows he is in extreme need.
Thank you so much for your time!!
Please follow this. Please do not blow him off like so many have.
Sincerely,
Rae Lil Black
anti spam: Blue

Re: Caretaker for a family member

Post by Rae Lil Black »

I am physically disabled & my son has an open SSI case for mental disabilities. We need a caretaker. I get 743.00 a month & cannot afford an apartment on my own and have tried to get help from DCF, Section 8, and HUD, among other agencies as well as a charity caretaker. I am about to be homeless with my son & have nowhere to go. I have tried everything & everyone I can think have including low income based apartments, and other counties. Then I stumbled across Section 811. I really need someone's help, please!? Thank you...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is your brother on Medicare, as that also helps disabled adults. They can help you find a caretaker, and the extra help program can do that. It is a free referral service. More on free consultations from Extra Help Medicare.
Fritz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:52 am Hello,
My brother lives in El Dorado County California. We need a caretaker for him.
He lives alone in a very rural area.
He is on SSI.
He us a stroke survivor who is partially paralyzed on one side.
SouthernGirl

Post by SouthernGirl »

Hello,
I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. I am writing to you as a US Navy Veteran, dedicated caregiver for my 65-year-old disabled father, as well as a responsible single parent to my 15-year-old son. I am a caregiver for those 2 family members in my life. My reason for writing to you is that I recently encountered a challenging situation that has led me to seek your organization's assistance.
As a caregiver to family members, I am committed to ensuring the well-being of my father, who requires constant care due to his disability. Additionally, I shoulder the responsibility of providing for my son's needs and creating a nurturing environment for his growth and development. Balancing these responsibilities has been demanding but deeply fulfilling.
To meet the financial needs of my family while still fulfilling my caregiving duties, I have been working as a delivery driver for various platforms such as DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Postmates. This line of work has provided me with the flexibility required to handle my family obligations effectively. Through these platforms, I have been able to make ends meet and pay our bills, ensuring a stable environment for my loved ones.
However, quite recently, I have been faced with an unfortunate car accident that was at no fault of my own. But nonetheless has left me without a vehicle. This unforeseen event has significantly impacted my ability to work as a delivery driver, as a personal vehicle is essential for fulfilling the job requirements. Regrettably, I do not have the financial means to repair or replace my vehicle at this time, and this setback has left us in a state of financial distress.
Consequently, I am writing to humbly request your organization's assistance in the form of financial aid to help me pay the lot rent of $980.00 for our residency this month. The inability to meet this financial obligation puts us at risk of eviction, which would leave us homeless and exacerbate the already challenging circumstances we face.
I am hopeful that your organization, which has a commendable track record of supporting low-income military veterans facing financial hardships, can provide us with the necessary assistance during this difficult time. Your support would not only alleviate our immediate financial burden but also ensure the stability and security of my family's housing situation.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my request. I am grateful for any support you can provide and sincerely appreciate your organization's commitment to helping military veterans, caregivers of family members and their families in need. If there is an opportunity to discuss my situation further or provide any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me at the phone number or email address provided above.
Once again, thank you for your consideration. I eagerly await your response and remain hopeful that together, we can overcome this temporary setback and continue to provide a safe and stable environment for my father, son, and myself.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some government caretaker programs. Please look into them here. Both the government, states, and non-profits may help. They will help you find a caregiver, and maybe even help them make some money too. Look here for caregiver assistance from the government.