Filing disability for migraines

State and local government assistance programs.
Bellini
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Filing disability for migraines

Post by Bellini »

My wife Linda Bradshaw has been getting migraine headaches sense she was four years old and is trying to get disability. She missed a lot of time from school over the years because of it. She never gave up on her education though. Having a child her senior year she opted for GED . After we found each other she was working and going to community college (PDCCC) then went on to Obici school for nursing, before she was able to graduate; she was diagnosed with neuropathy in both feet and legs as the pain increased over the last 20 year's or so, she had to let nursing go because of the pain, unable to stay on her feet for that long of time. Not giving up she went back to school for dental assistant and worked in that field for 5 or so years before having to stop working because of the pain.
She also was diagnosed with bipolar depression and chronic pain in spine as well as the migraines. She was taking opioids for many years. She has gone through many different procedures has a nerve stimulator implant in spine but nothing really helped with the pain. She has tried to get approved for disability with no success. The last time she had a law firm handle the case. Got as far as seeing the judge but once again no success. The lawyer told her that they would apply for appeal but after many months go by, she called the law firm and was told they didn't have any records of her case. She then called the social security disability office about the migraines and was told she had been out of work for to long to qualify for disability. Any one of her diagnosis should have qualified her for disability, going by gov. Web site. Can't understand why other people can get approved when she cannot. We know of people that have gotten approved for gout, depression, anxiety and so on. She also had to have one kidney removed because of cancer. Recently found out she has problems with her pancreas and has stones in the kidney she has left.
As of 12/31/2019 I have been out of work for my own physical health problems. I have empty sella sendrom (damaged pituitary gland) with hemochromatosis also have bulged disks and deterioration in spine causing chronic pain in lower lumbar and c-spine, also have depression and diagnosed with unstable heart rate ( causes dizziness difficulty breathing). Just had catheterization done on my heart. Finding only minor damage and not the causes of my heart rate and breathing. I been unable to even make it to the mailbox and back in the house before having to sit on steps and rest before making it all the way back inside.
Had HODGKIN'S LIMEPHOMA , have been in remission sense 11/2012. As of 12/2019 have been out of work due to medical reasons. We've have no income sense 1/2021. I was able to get unemployment during 2020 but that stopped 12/2020. If there is anything you can do to help my wife or myself would greatly appreciate it.
I am out ideas on how to get disability for migraines. I am going to lose my home. My family has been paying mortgage for me but everyone has their own bills and can't continue helping. Property is now in poor condition and I owe probably twice what it's worth. Been trying to sell for several years now but no one wants to pry off mortgage.
I have sent emails to all of local state and federal government agencies and representatives even the president. Everyone tells me that they are unable to help me to contact someone else.
Halperin

Re: Filing disability for migraines

Post by Halperin »

I have been loyal prime member for many years. I lost my job due to Covid and am trying to get disability after working very hard for 35 years with elderly. I have no intestines, daily migraines, and feet so bad I can hardly walk. I’m on Medicaid and have read in twelve different places my prime membership can be reduced. I called to be told no. I just now read in on your website that Medicaid recipients, such as me with migraines, have prime discounted. Please, I beg that I get this reduction with my disability from the migraines. I am living on small pension and not old enough for social security. I was honest about small amount I get monthly and lost my ebt card .
Will you honor the prime membership reduction as it says on your site? I can not walk around stores and use prime to help me because of my physical problems. I raised two children alone with no help. And am proud of being the mom I was. Never using a credit card. I implore you grant me what your site promises. I beg for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Filing disability for migraines

Post by Admin »

While the process for disability, while in Alabama or somewhere else, can be long and intense, it is worth a shot. There are resources you can try, and look here for disability grants for people in Alabama.
Halperin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:43 pm I have been loyal prime member for many years. I lost my job due to Covid and am trying to get disability after working very hard for 35 years with elderly. I have no intestines, daily migraines, and feet so bad I can hardly walk. I’m on Medicaid and have read in twelve different places my prime membership can be reduced. I called to be told no. I just now read in on your website that Medicaid recipients, such as me with migraines, have prime discounted. Please, I beg that I get this reduction with my disability from the migraines. I am living on small pension and not old enough for social security. I was honest about small amount I get monthly and lost my ebt card .
Will you honor the prime membership reduction as it says on your site? I can not walk around stores and use prime to help me because of my physical problems. I raised two children alone with no help. And am proud of being the mom I was. Never using a credit card. I implore you grant me what your site promises. I beg for help.