Reverse mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
JessieMarie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Reverse mortgage

Post by JessieMarie »

I was flooded out of residence 8/11/2015. I lived with my Mom & daughter. She had a reverse mortgage and the house was sold for back taxes. I received rental assistance from FEMA on December 2014. When I reapplied for further assistance they denied me saying I did not provide the needed information. I have 8 pounds of paperwork of same info faxed over and over. I am on verge of eviction and utility shut off. Also lost my job of 10 years on 7/31/2015. FIA cut my food stamps in March. I just plain need help.
GogoJill

Re: Reverse mortgage

Post by GogoJill »

I'd like some help on finding out who I need to speak with to possibly get assistance or find out if anything can even be done on a foreclosure due to a reverse mortgage. Unfortunately the house was auctioned today, about 18 hours after I was finally given account authorization. Even though they have had all paperwork needed to authorize me on the account as some beneficiary in my grandmother's will turned in to them back in April, it took until yesterday (3/14/18) at around 4pm before I was given access to the account.
I honestly feel like my home (our current residence in fact), was taken from me (and my family of 8) without me being given the chance to fairly buy it, as they claim to have wanted to help me do.
Unfortunately, I don't have many talk minutes on my phone, but emails of places that I can contact would be great. I may can borrow a phone with talk time for the phone number contacts.
OnMyWay
anti spam: Blue

Re: Reverse mortgage

Post by OnMyWay »

I lost my lifelong home to a reverse mortgage on the coldest day of the year more than a year and half ago and have been homeless since. I live in a town and state where housing is neither available nor affordable and the waiting list is years long. People die on the street waiting.
I am dirt poor with life threatening health issues and am on SSI and food stamps . I only get 824.40 to live on plus 174 in food stamps, not nearly enough to survive on never mind pay rent anywhere especially when rents cost more than most mortgages.
Vouchers are hard to get, not accepted everywhere and expire quickly. I also have 4 rescue cats I will not give up. They are my emotional support and I need a home of my own where I can have them. That is not allowed in most rental housing. I desperately need a home of my own asap since the reverse mortgage did not work. The only other alternative is to fix up and remodel a cottage in my aunt's yard but need funding to do that because neither her nor I have the money. She would rent it to me affordable if this could be done. She is 84 years old and struggles to pay her mortgage and bills and the rent she would get from me would help her too.
I desperately need a home of my own or to rent my aunt's cottage. I am currently staying with my aunt and cousin in her house but the house is overcrowded full of black mold and leaks she cannot afford to fix. I need a home of my own asap. I would give anything to have that. My life depends on it. The stress is killing me. I am at the end of my ropes. You are my last hope. Please help me get funding to buy a new home or fix up.my aunt's cottage. Winter is coming and I need a place for my cats and I. I would greatly appreciate it. Yours truly, Pammy.