Help with paying medical bills
Levinson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medicare bills

Post by Levinson »

Dear Need Help,
I recently received my disability insurance (Medicare). The judge ruled I became disabled July of 2010. Now that I have sent all my information to the medical services that I have bills with (I have over 73 thousand dollars of medical bills that began in January of 2012) they are informing me that my coverage doesn't start until March of 2013. Please help, me and my husband are both disabled and there is no way I could possibly ever pay this debt! Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Thank You,
charlesSch

Re: Medicare bills

Post by charlesSch »

I am a disabled woman who needs surgery on both her hips. I had a liver transplant 3 years ago and one of the medications I was given was pregnisone which over time caused avascular necrosis in both my hips. Although I struggled to continue working as a paralegal for the last few years as I have always strived to be a fully supporting member of the community, I find myself at my wits end. I have never asked for assistance before and have no knowledge of how to go about it. I can no longer walk at all and am in excruciating pain and unable to continue working to my dismay. I have one hip surgery scheduled for December, 2013 but I find myself with no money at all, having used all my reserves to keep myself alive up until now. Medicare is not covering it. I had to leave my apartment, my car was taken away because I was no longer able to make payments. I literally have pennies in my pocket, no food and no money to pay for my medication which is needed to keep my body from rejecting the liver transplant, which are very expensive. I am at the point that if I cannot obtain assistance, I will likely lose my life within the next two weeks. I am down to only a few days left of medication and no food resources at all, and now I am staying on a friends couch temporarily until I can find resources. I am writing to request emergency assistance and help on how to apply to the programs I am told are available. I need the help immediately' without some type of immediate intervention I will no longer be able to survive. I am staying in Queens New York.
Please help me, I am at loss of where to turn and in excruciating pain and in utter desperation.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Hello, My mother is disabled and recently fell. She has exhausted all of her Medicare benefits and is now behind on her bills. She is currently bed ridden and needs way more assistance than I can provide her. We are going to have to pay someone to care for her while awaiting Medicaid services. She lives on only 1,000 a month as it is and I have to supplement paying for food, medications, etc. as it is. The cost of the care taker is 640.00 for minimal care, which will use up her rent money and Medicare bills. 'm trying to find assistance with her Medicare bills or anything we can. Any information and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Stefanie
Moses

Post by Moses »

Hi my mom is on Medicare and I am her caregiver. She has lots of bills from Medicare due. I have been doing this for almost four years and have yet to find out if I could actually get paid for doing it since I really can't work. I'm on disability but could work a little. I can't because I take care of her and I really could use extra funds to pay the Medicare costs. Is there any way you can help me with this? Thank you