Upgrade to mobility scooter from walker

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Jade
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Upgrade to mobility scooter from walker

Post by Jade »

I live in Sacramento Ca. Are there any programs that can help me get motility scooter. I am on walker and I can’t even go get my mail. Also I live in apartment that only has 110 air-conditioning and its not big enough to help with heat. I have seizures if get hot any place get help to help put bigger 110 in here. I don’t get the ability to go to cooler places without a mobility scooter and my bills are awful. I no longer qualify for heap or SMUDS programs. I need a program for the scooter and to help me with other bills I face.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to mobility scooter from walker

Post by Admin »

Try free free equipment for the disabled. Now whether they give mobility equipment or not, we are not sure.
They may also have free box fans or air conditioners for you. Either one of those may be good options for your transportation needs.

Jade wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:33 pm I live in Sacramento Ca. Are there any programs that can help me get motility scooter. I am on walker and I can’t even go get my mail. Also I live in apartment that only has 110 air-conditioning and its not big enough to help with heat. I have seizures if get hot any place get help to help put bigger 110 in here. I don’t get the ability to go to cooler places without a mobility scooter and my bills are awful. I no longer qualify for heap or SMUDS programs. I need a program for the scooter and to help me with other bills I face.
fujicat2

Post by fujicat2 »

Hi, I'm from Harrison, NY 10528. I'm disabled with mobility issues and currently have an indoor mobility scooter, provided by Medicare.
I'm in need of an outdoor recreational scooter, which insurance will not cover and I can not afford. I've tried to use my current scooter outside but have had many "close-calls" and I'm afraid of getting seriously injured.
These recreational all-terrain scooters are very expensive and I am seeking help and/or any information you can provide me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some links to medical equipment, including scooters, in this post. But also look into a furniture bank, as those may be an option too. Some have medical supplies, scooters, transportation and more. Find free furniture vouchers near you.