Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Hellen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Post by Hellen »

Good morning. I reside in Newark, NJ. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a blood cancer, and had to take a leave of absence from my job. I am employed by Newark Public Schools and unfortunately could not collect state disability (I was denied). I recently contacted a lawyer who helped me to apply for SSDI as well as health care benefits for my Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
I have been out of work since November 2018. I have sought out resources through the Lymphoma society to help with my rent, which I am 3 months behind ($1,200/month) and most resources only pay up to $500.
My landlord has been very understanding up until this point and informed me on March 7, 2020 that he has decided to file for my eviction by August 15, 2020 and my 2 children and I will basically be homeless because we will have nowhere to go.
I have no financial means and although I receive disability through my union ($255/bi-weekly) it is not enough to cover my or medical needs or medications for the Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
I am praying for a miracle. With my chemo treatments and financial crisis, this is a very stressful time for me. I pray that you can help. I reached out to Catholic Charities but no one has corresponded to me.
sheniqua
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Post by sheniqua »

All I can do is pray for a miracle now in dealing with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My husband and I have been out of work for almost 2 weeks now because our car's starter went out and we spent our last dollar on a new starter yesterday. Our lights are scheduled to be cut off in the morning and our house is so old and cold. Now I have Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma and need health care for that too.
We have been sinking everything the past few months into replacing our plumbing and we still don't have water. If we could just find someplace that would help us keep our lights on tomorrow, we would be willing to repay the debt when we are assigned a new project at work which should hopefully be this week or the 1st part of next week. We are certified flaggers and live in Elizabethton, TN.
We just completed a 5 month assignment at Exit 14 in Abingdon, VA. We worked anywhere from 40 to 68 hrs. per week there and we are awaiting a new assignment from our employer. Our water bill is $750, and we have struggled to replace all the plumbing so that we may have water. I am attaching proof as well as our banking statements to prove we are not afraid to work hard and there is also a doctor note for the Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I know it's a lot to ask, but I can’t eat or sleep because I'm so worried about access to medical. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you so very much.