Lights and gas turned off as bills not paid

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
abut567
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lights and gas turned off as bills not paid

Post by abut567 »

would like to get help for my utility bills, my lights and gas has been off since Aug. 21st. I have call different organizations and they are all out of funds. It is getting cold, DTE want me to pay $1000.00 to turn it back on and I do not have it......Please help me at this time of pressure. I have section 8 and I need to have my utility on before they can come out, I also have until Nov. the 4th for my voucher expire. Again please help me and let me fill out an appilcation for LIHeap so I can get the help I need I am 57 years old and along. Thank You
ednorg

Family had their lights turned off

Post by ednorg »

Seeking assistance for a family whose light bill was disconnected. They will not have money until October 15, if parent sents child support. There are siblings in the house two of which attend school and a recent newborn. Bill is $300.00 cause they are behind. Is there a program that can pay the bill and they will pay on a monthly payment for the assisantce provide to pay there bill. Currently older son is mowing lawn to make money to pay bill. Please help,
helper

Re: Lights and gas turned off as bills not paid

Post by helper »

If you are about to lose your utility or heating service, try the LIHEAP program. They have a crisis component that will keep your heating or utility service on for a period of time. Here is more info.
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/lih ... ex.html#at
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

I am on Disability and living under Section 8. My Mom recently passed away and we were living together combining our checks to pay the remainder of the rent and the utilities. Now that she's gone, I'm working with what only I get. I have fallen behind on my Gas Bill and need help.
I was wondering it is that you do. I need help. I have tried other organizations but nobody is helping with utility bills right now. I can give you both my phone numbers. Thank you for your time.
Reedy
anti spam: Blue

Post by Reedy »

I’ve tried several times working with your customer service reps to keep my gas on. I’m unemployed and on public aide state assistance.
This morning you came and disconnected my services.
How do you expect one to live in 40 degree cold weather with out heat?! I literally have nothing. Do you have any grants you know id qualify? I only get $800 a month!! Why wont you work with me? This is not fair to any consumer because of your selfishness....multi million dollar company that doubled their rates causing my bill to reach $1000. If you can't help I will have my attorney contact Nicor and BBB. Also, my local state reps also were notified as well as channels 5, 7, 9 and 32 news channels.
I am being turned down because I am less fortunate, without a job and already on public aide!!!
Help your consumers this time! Its not like I’m asking for an arm or leg.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

You are obviously confused. This is a resource website not your local gas company. Good luck getting assistance calling the BBB or lawyer or newstation.
Copper

Post by Copper »

Yes I'm trying to find some help my light bill is due for disconnection today. I'm a single mother raising a son 9 and daughter 7. I'm currently looking for work nonstop online but it's hard with no help and a kids, father who lives his life in jail. I just want a divorce.
My dad just gave me and kids a little car to get around but receiving no child support and no sitters around to depend on. I'm just kind of stuck asking God for a blessing and unanswered prayers. I have a disconnect notice for lights today as the bills are not paid. I got a call about an eviction notice. What else to do if you have any help please call me. I want to talk with someone about my housing situation I had here while back. Thank.
Scarlett Bloom

Post by Scarlett Bloom »

Hello, my name is Yuri. I really need help with my gas and light bill is going to get disconnected tomorrow. I have 6 month old baby and live in a mobile home with my other under age kids. I'm a single mother and I have no job right now because I can't find a babysitter because I moved here about 7 months ago and don't really know people. I moved from California - please I need your help. I can't stay without gas or lights in my house. We are going to freeze with a 6-month-old baby if bills are not paid. I'm currently looking for a job and a babysitter but don't have income right now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Yuri,
If you are about to be disconnected tomorrow in Pasadena, your options are limited. Try this for assistance in Pasadena.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... assis.html
Note many companies also offer payment plans. Maybe those can help you too....call Pasadena utilities and ask.

Scarlett Bloom wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 pm Hello, my name is Yuri. I really need help with my gas and light bill is going to get disconnected tomorrow. I have 6 month old baby and live in a mobile home with my other under age kids. I'm a single mother and I have no job right now because I can't find a babysitter because I moved here about 7 months ago and don't really know people. I moved from California - please I need your help. I can't stay without gas or lights in my house. We are going to freeze with a 6-month-old baby if bills are not paid. I'm currently looking for a job and a babysitter but don't have income right now.