Vietnamese immigrant

State and local government assistance programs.
Coastal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Vietnamese immigrant

Post by Coastal »

Dear Friends,
For the sake of confidentiality, I'm using first name only. But I'm casting a wide net to individuals who might be able to help, and if this includes you, please contact me by email or phone.
David is a 50 year-old individual, born in Vietnam, who moved to the U.S with his family at the end of the Vietnam War. For most of his life he has held steady employment working as an arts editor in NYC, and different managerial positions in North Carolina.
In April his father died at the age of 95. Around the same time the company where he worked in a managerial role was downsizing, so his position was terminated. However, as a dutiful son he felt obligated to both pay for his father's funeral and the means for his body to be returned to Vietnam and buried. This combination of unfortunate events stripped him financially.
David, who is a Vietnamese immigrant, feels confident that he will secure a job by the end of the month if his car is not repossessed due to inabilities to cover the monthly payments. He lives in Waterville, Vermont, but has traveled between Barre and St. Albans seeking employment.
Along with prayer, his immediate needs are maintaining reliable transportation during his job search and beyond and connecting him to people or places who might be interested in hiring him, an immigrant from Vietnam.
Your prayers for David will be appreciated. We prayed together before he left my office. But if you think you might be able to assist him further, please call or email me.
Blessings,
GabrielTh

Re: Vietnamese immigrant

Post by GabrielTh »

Hello, I help my youngest son with his rent and food as we are immigrants needing help.  It leaves nothing for me, a Vietnamese immigrant. I am being evicted.  I need gas money to move my things.  I have a place that I can stay but need tires to get there. I am losing my storage and it makes things horrible because that’s all I have left. Please help.
Thanks,
ElsaJean

Post by ElsaJean »

Good afternoon,
This month has been the best month in the last two years as a Vietnamese immigrant. But it has also been hard, not mentally and emotionally but FINANCIALLY. I am in a BIG jam, The young lady (Jay) I had move in who was to pay $500.00 towards the rent just moved out on Friday when I was at work, she said it was because she did not have the money, leaving me $500 short on her end of rent.
My expenses have gone up and income has went down.
Fuel expense alone is $155.00 give or take a week. ($620 a month)
Child care for Kevin (which I am behind): $45.00 a week plus registration fee (already paid)
Food Expense: $300 plus a month
Kid’s supplies for school to learn English as a Vietnamese immigrant and clothing: Month of April: $150.00
Loss of income: 9 hours give or take a week. (-$135.00 per week, -$540 a month)
Included deposit due for LCEC sue ASAP by 05/04/2017
Rent of $1000.00 due the 6th of May.
$275.00 was my moving expense to get kids belongs there (I thought we has approval for the $250. From Lutheran but they never sent the check)
Cost of doing laundry: $37 a week give or take, $148 a month. (Go to laundromat, do not have a washer and dryer in home.
$108 phone
$137 electric per month
BY THIS WEEK I AM IN NEED OF, $600 FOR RENT, $225.00 FOR LCEC ASAP.
MY GOOD FRIEND STACIE WHO IS A SINGLE MOTHER AND ALSO A Vietnamese immigrant HAS AGREED TO MOVED IN AND PAY $125.00 A WEEK, I AM ADDING HER TO THE LEASE THAT WAY SHE IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE AS WELL. She has already signed the application to be added to lease. I am really in need of financial help, I requested help from DCF and Lutheran Services but have yet to hear from them.
My Daughter is 12 - Her Name is Jessica
My Son is 10, his name is Kevin, and his birthday is on May 22.
My at insurance is past due for $120 and rent I need is $500. 
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Help please!  Although this website has been helpful to Vietnamese immigrants like me. We live in Columbiana county Ohio. I'm looking for rent assistance and the program that I read about near us was called HPP?  But I cannot seem to find a phone number or location for it. All the places I've inquired about this program don't seem to know what I'm talking about. Please help. Time is getting away from us. My husband and I are both working part time right now, but for about 5 months my husband was unemployed and since then, we cannot get caught up. Thanks so much for your time.