Notebooks and supplies for school as am a single mom

State and local government assistance programs.
Diane100
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Notebooks and supplies for school as am a single mom

Post by Diane100 »

I need help with school supply's and school clothes for my kids. I am a single mother on state assistance and trying to get off the state aid. I am enrolled at Oswego college I am doing my extern now at a kidney doctor office until I get on my feet and done with school and have a great job I can't get my kids school stuff.
Since I get no help for gas I been having a hard time with that alone to get back and forth for my externship. I received help with my kids school clothes last year for shop with a cop that my old apartment manager had signed me up for. I am in desperate need of help right now. I am hoping after I get stable I can give back to the community. I do not check my e-mail often so if I can get a phone call that would work better. You can leave a voice mail if I don't get to the phone and I will get back to you ASAP. Thank you so very much and god bless you all.
Brice
anti spam: Blue

Re: Notebooks and supplies for school as am a single mom

Post by Brice »

Hello, I'm in need of school supply help. I have two girls ages 5 and 6 and this is there first year going to school. And I don't nowhere to start with getting school supplies. And I'm a stay at home mom. Can someone help me please? Thank you.
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Hello, I am looking for the location to check on assistance with getting supplies for my children. I have a 1st grader (6 years old) and a child (3 years old) that will be in Head Start and have limited income as a single mother. I found the webpage indicating that assistance can be found with this e-mail address.
Please let me know if you can help or direct me to a contact person that can assist. I am in a financial bind right now and cannot afford school supplies/clothing for the new school year.
Peruiu

Post by Peruiu »

I have three kids that are in need of school supplies/clothes for school. Two of my kids just came to live with me in middle of last school year because of issues with their dad. I'm in process of divorce and will be a single mom, can only work PT because I have four kids in the home and can't find affordable daycare in the summer with them all home and just can't afford supplies. Been thrift store shopping for some clothes but just not cutting it.
Allison

Post by Allison »

Single mother of a shining 5 year old girl who needs school clothes, notebooks, winter clothes, new tennis shoes size 7.8 clothes, a computer and 11/shoes. I am also struggling to pay fees to get car turned over from moving to new state. We are trying to keep from losing the only transportation we have. We are not near a bus route and cannot afford cabs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately being a single mom does not determine whether you get school supplies or not. Most charities are income and need based...they have nothing to do with marriage. So you can apply for items, but make sure you bring up the true circumstances as to why you need them. Find the low income school supply programs here. Make sure you apply months before the year starts.
Allison wrote:Single mother of a shining 5 year old girl who needs school clothes, notebooks, winter clothes, new tennis shoes size 7.8 clothes, a computer and 11/shoes. I am also struggling to pay fees to get car turned over from moving to new state. We are trying to keep from losing the only transportation we have. We are not near a bus route and cannot afford cabs.
Harris

Post by Harris »

I am a single unemployed mother of two, who just recently lost my mamma. I'm having a tough time at the moment and worried how I'm going to be able to get both my little girls school clothes and especially both their school supplies! Worried as can be.
Kendrick1

Post by Kendrick1 »

Hi, I live in Lancaster county VA zip code 22503. I have 4 children, 1 on the way and am a single mom. I recently moved here and have been applying for help but haven't found a job yet. I wanted to know how to go about getting help with or getting free school supplies for my children. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

single mom with 4 kids, yet pregnant again? If the kids are all old enough, they can try student school supply programs, which give free items. But we think Lancaster VA is kind of rural, so hopefully some place around you.
Kendrick1 wrote:Hi, I live in Lancaster county VA zip code 22503. I have 4 children, 1 on the way and am a single mom. I recently moved here and have been applying for help but haven't found a job yet. I wanted to know how to go about getting help with or getting free school supplies for my children. Thank you so much.
NelsonD

Post by NelsonD »

I live at Staten Island New York 10306 with my children and I lost my job due to hour cut. I recently applied for unemployment as a single mom but have not received no monies and my light will be shut and second this week. I am begging for help.
I have back to school struggle for supplies, notebooks, pens, shoes and clothing for the kid’s ages 16 and 12. Please help me or refer me to where there is help for me, a single mom, and my children. I went to public assistance but they said I do not qualify because I have no income for a one shot deal (can you believe that? - I've worked my whole life!!!) Thank you and please reply soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is hard to pay for back to school supplies after you lose a job. But many agencies around State Island and NYC can help. Find a list of NYC school supply programs. Both your kids should qualify by ages...16 and 12.
NelsonD wrote:I live at Staten Island New York 10306 with my children and I lost my job due to hour cut. I recently applied for unemployment as a single mom but have not received no monies and my light will be shut and second this week. I am begging for help.
I have back to school struggle for supplies, notebooks, pens, shoes and clothing for the kid’s ages 16 and 12. Please help me or refer me to where there is help for me, a single mom, and my children. I went to public assistance but they said I do not qualify because I have no income for a one shot deal (can you believe that? - I've worked my whole life!!!) Thank you and please reply soon.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I am in desperate need of help with school supplies. This is my first year every needing help. My daughter will be in second grade and she goes to Horizon Christian Academy. We live, as a single mom, in Fort Wayne Indiana just in case you need to get a hold me instead of by email because I don't check my email very often.
If you can help me out it would greatly be appreciated I'm a single mother trying to do it on my own. Thank you for your time and thank you in advance if you can help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While of course free laptops are rare, your second year daughter may be able to get a discount one. But does she really need a computer for 2nd grade, or is it for you? Regardless, try this link. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... uters.html

Mrs.Frazier wrote:I am in desperate need of help with school supplies and laptops. This is my first year every needing help. My daughter will be in second grade and she goes to Horizon Christian Academy. We live, as a single mom, in Fort Wayne Indiana just in case you need.
Parseti

Post by Parseti »

Hello,
My name is Andrea and my daughter is starting 1st grade. I am a full time student myself and a single mom. I really need help with getting her school supplies, backpack and clothes. She will be going to Franklin at Brimhall Elementary school and they have a strict dress code. Is there any way I could please find some help?
Thank you and god bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you and your first grader are both in school, you both may get free school supplies in Kane County.
Tell them you are a single mom. Usually first graders can get priority too.
Parseti wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:46 pm Hello,
My name is Andrea and my daughter is starting 1st grade. I am a full time student myself and a single mom.