Hours cut at work for single mother

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Savannah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hours cut at work for single mother

Post by Savannah »

I’m not sure who to contact, but my grandson’s mother is a single mother of two. Her older son (6) is my grandson. My son and his mother are no longer together. They had him when they were both very young. My son does have joint custody, he has a job and spends time with him regularly and is doing well.
His mother on the other hand has had it hard. She lives in FL but has been struggling with limited work and to make it worse her hours were cut at her job. The father of her second child, 1 years, Old was abusive and is currently in jail. She is no longer with him. She is behind on her bills and yesterday had the scare of her life and now her job has cut her hours. She is already struggling and to have to incidents happen the same day has nearly broken her down.
Since they have cut her hours she does not qualify for her bonus which would have helped her with buying gifts for my grandson. I know Christmas is around the corner and I hope it’s not too late to get her help, but if there is anything you can do she needs something to lift her spirits.
ariana marie
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hours cut at work for single mother

Post by ariana marie »

Hi I 39 years old divorced mom of three beautiful kids so now a single mom. For the last for years things have been so hard and depression has taken a toll on my family so much that I cut my own hours at work!! From my mom passing to my father being let go from a job he gave 30 years of his life to, and shortly after that a heart attack. My father and I and my kids live together so we can help one another but money is still tight because I only bring in SSID due to Multiple sclerosis and work hours cut and that only covers rent and nothing else. So the last four years my kids didn’t get Christmas or any for their birthdays and it breaks my heart. I know Christmas isn’t about presents its about family but hearing my kids say single mom its ok we don’t need presents ! But hearing friends talking about what they got for Christmas makes my heart hurt and I don’t know what to do?? I need a blessing,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a list of great jobs for single moms. It is here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _moms.html
Some are part time other may be full time. There are side gig jobs, online positions, survey sites, and just learn how to easily save money for your kids, as being a single mom is tough.
ariana marie wrote:Hi I 39 years old divorced mom of three beautiful kids so now a single mom. For the last for years things have been so hard and depression has taken a toll on my family so much that I cut my own hours at work!!
YouSay

Post by YouSay »

Good Afternoon. I am a single mother who left an unhealthy situation a few months ago.  My son and I have had to literally start from zero.  I have multiple sclerosis and am no longer able to work and I rely on disability to get by and they cut my hours.  I received a notice last night stating I had to move or come up with $3,902.44 by noon on Friday the 14th.  This is impossible with my hours cut at work.  I have applied for emergency assistance with my county and I have a social worker trying to help me.  Their max payment is $1,311.00.  I have $1,000 but that is every cent I have until next month.  That means I can’t buy food or pay any other bills - nothing.  If I can’t pay the difference from what the county can pay they will not help me.  Is there anything you can do or anywhere you can refer me?  I have very little time and nowhere else to go.Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you no longer have an income after all your hours are cut, there will be government aid you can apply too. That is of course in addition to looking for a new job. Read more here on no-income single mom government assistance.