Water pipe problems

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
D Robinson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Water pipe problems

Post by D Robinson »

To whom it may concern,
I am sending you this email because I ran across the email that stated you could possibly help with bills on the LIHEAP website. I reside with my four young children. As a single Divorcee parent, former survivor of domestic abuse, with a special needs child; I work 40 hours a week, relying on my income alone to pay household expenses. If you look at my history of bill paying, you won’t find an impeccable history, with forever punctual payments. You will see a reoccurring story of struggle for survival pattern with my payments. I have not always been on time; I have never purposefully neglected my responsibilities as a homeowner. Paying my bills, especially the ones of great necessity are very important to me. In the prior months my water bill never exceeded more than one hundred and forty dollars and that’s on the very high end.
Until my September bill 2017, I was all caught up with PWSA. I was very astonished to open my bill to finding that I owe over $4,000. I never received a courtesy phone call from PWSA to make me aware that my water usage was 100 xs higher than it has ever been in just 1 month alone. Upon investigation, I found a leak to be outside in my back yard toward the end of my yard close to the sidewalk. My children and I have not been in the yard toward the bottom in a long time because of work, daycare, church and other family activities. My grass gets cut but a neighborhood friend and they never told me they noticed a lot of water leaking.
As soon as became aware that there was a problem I contacted PWSA immediately through the emergency line. I contacted a plumber shortly after, as I was told by PWSA that “the issue is on my end.” Getting three separate estimates by reputable plumbers, they each stated that they would not have noticed the leak without it being pointed out. They also asked if I was alerted by PWSA of a possible leak and I told them I was not. It wasn’t until after I informed them on September 19th that they began putting water leak verbiage onto the statement. The Plumbers have quoted me highest $20,000, lowest $7000.00 and since this time PWSA charged me over 14,000. They cut my water off in November 0f 2015 and was restored after I paid the 7,000 to get a new copper line installed and after I paid a down payment of $500 for them to set me up on a payment plan for $100 on past due charges and to pay all current charges.
I wrote the water exoneration board several times to dispute the bill because it was admitted by one of their employees that the meter in my backyard was faulty. Once my water pipe line was replaced, PWSA also took the old meter away and left a new one which my plumber had to install. Making additional out of pocket expenses for me because PWSA did not provide the washers to put on the new reader to ensure it would not leak in that area In fact PWSA had someone come out 12/31/2015 originally to cut my water back on, but when the new meter was leaking they cut it right back off after I had paid my $500.00 down payment. I had to call the company back and that is when the worker came back to cut the water back on but he just left the meter which my plumber installed. This was negligence on their end.
On May 18, 2017 I had a hearing to appeal the large bill and all the interest the water company kept charging me. At this time the PWSA said they would make a decision in 1 month, however, it took 2 months for me to receive a letter from them. They only took $3,000 off of my bill and they sent me a bill for $11,872.00. Of course not being able to pay this they sent me 10 day shut off notices and when I called for another payment plan they told me I would have to pay over $2,000 to even be considered for one. I finally spoke to the supervisor and she told me that I would have to pay $571.83 because she said I was behind on my previous payment plan and she told me she would call me back to let me know what the payment plan would be. I did not make the payment of $571.83 because she never called me back to know what the new agreement would be and that is a substantial amount of money to pay without being assured my water would not get cut off again.
On September 15, 2017 PWSA cut off my water again due to the water pipe. I called 9/16/17 speaking to two representatives one which hung up on me at the time PSWA closes 6:00pm. When I finally did get a supervisor she told me she wanted a payment of $571.85 as well as deposit in anywhere from $300-900 and they wanted at least $100 on past due charges monthly plus all current charges. As a result of this ongoing battle I have fallen behind on many of my bills. I fell behind on my mortgage, and my electricity bill. Currently for my electric bill I owe $950 and am running the risk of having that be cut off too. My Gas bill is also behind by $150. I really hate being put in this situation. I work hard to try to pay my bills but this has been a very huge setback. Any way you can help my family would be greatly appreciated.
If you could help with my water bill which is over $12,000 or if you could give me resources that could assist us with getting our water back on or help to make PWSA deal with us and the bill in a fair manor, or help us to pay my electric bill we would be ever grateful. If you know of any resources that can help my family in this very trying time we would appreciate it. Thankfully we have been staying with family, however, with my daughter’s special needs order, schedule, consistency is very important.
Thank – You for your time and consideration,
WSapp

Re: Water pipe problems

Post by WSapp »

I'm contacting you on behalf of my mother.
She is disabled lives on SSA and found out this past Sunday she has a water leak in her kitchen from old piples that runs down through the floor and through light and electrical fixtures in her basement. The electric went out in her basement 6 months ago, thank God. Also her water pipes in tub is clogged and she can't take a shower/bath as it doesn't drain
I've been unemployed 9 years with last temp job being 4 years ago, I've taken care of my moth we after several surgeries and recently lost my home so I can't help this time.
Please let me know if there's someone who'd help even if I have to make monthly payments to pay for it.
lp141

Post by lp141 »

Have had a few bad months working less hours and with the cold weather the water pipes have burst. Also it has been hard getting around. I do not have my income for this coming month to fix the water pipes, and I am worry about getting evicted as we almost were last month but we managed to come up with the money. If we could get one or two months rent paid and the water pipes fixed I think we could get our heads above water and be able to caught with our other bills we owe.
Jane Luv

Post by Jane Luv »

Hello,
  I am trying to find help with repairing my incoming water line and fixing pipe problems. It broke in the ground and caused water to surface and constantly flow. The water line and pipe is in my front yard before the meter, but the city said it is my responsibility and the water would have to be shut off today! I am trying to find help asap because without water we are not safe during this pandemic. I do work for DHS doing in home healthcare, but have lost a big chunk of my income (house cleaning) due to the coronavirus outbreak. Financially, the near future is very uncertain for us. My credit score is really low right now so a chance of obtaining a loan is very slim. I do not know what else we could do other than packing up and moving to Tennessee with family. I do not want to leave nor loose our home due to water pipe problems, but having running water is an essential, especially right now. I would greatly appreciate any help or info on possibly help you could provide us.