Sick so I need help in buying presents for my kids

State and local government assistance programs.
Trumper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Sick so I need help in buying presents for my kids

Post by Trumper »

We are a family here in Idaho that have had quite a life changing crisis on 10/3. I had a Heart Attack which has led to my Adrenal and Thyroid glands shutting down. I am a RN nurse and have not been able to work since and Dr's are saying I may never work again. I have applied for disability but haven't heard back yet. My husband is working 3 jobs but it is not even close to being able to provide for us and our 3 children. We are in need for help with the holidays as we have lost 80% of our income. If you can help please feel free to call me.
Hailey

Re: Sick so I need help in buying presents for my kids

Post by Hailey »

Hello, my husband and I have 3 kids and we need help in buying them presents for the Christmas holiday. This Friday early morning my husband and I woke up to this loud crackling noise, I jumped out of bed to discover my house filled with smoke and my bathroom engulfed in flames. I pray and thank god that even though my husband and I had been separated and living apart that he was there because I was robbed the night before. He got in there and put the fire out before the fire department got there. We made it out safely but were left there standing barefoot in our pajamas cold and devastated by the outcome. The fire didn’t damage the house nearly as much as the smoke.
My entire house is covered by the most every colored gray and black everything from clothes to linen to food even our dog is covered. I didn’t have insurance and I’m thankful Red Cross came out they provided us with sweat suits and cash cards. The amount they gave will be very helpful in paying to make my house somewhat livable but not enough for lodging as well. This fire has separated me and my husband from our children because it is too toxic and unsafe so friends have taken them in while we been sleeping in the garage on the floor so every waking chance we can work on the house.
It’s been freezing at night and I have been surviving with the camping stove and propane. I was told you guys have a adopt a family program or could help us.
As of now my kids will not have a Christmas because I’ll have nowhere to put a tree and no money for presents and more than likely no home. My hands hurt so bad I am stand gray I’m tired drained and haven’t showered for days. My husband is suffering from the smoke inhalation and on top of it he’s been on crutches from a hip surgery gone terribly wrong leaving him very limited to what he can do to fix our home. One would think when a disaster hits your home friends and family would come together and help but sadly enough no one has come to help so I have been the only one trying to clean up the mess that has taken over mine and my children’s happiness and hope.
While you all are planning and preparing for Christmas I am soaking my hands in Vaseline and taping them to keep moisture in and prevent anything from touching them because of how they ache I can barely brush my hair or even type this. God I'm on my knees.
I can't continue to do this much longer if I even make it through tomorrow. Tomorrow is just me I am going to have to keep going until they are worn to the bone. I eat, sleep, shower with a hose. I wear ten layers of clothes to keep from freezing through the night straight killing myself so my kids can come home. I miss them so much and I so badly want to buy them presents, but I need help with it. Every time I think I have made some progress I look around only to see the reality of the damages that will cost me more blood sweat and tears to give life to the once cozy little house we called home. We need help with volunteers. We are running out of food, propane for heat and gas for electricity so we can work through the night. Anything a temporary place to stay so we can make some sort of a Christmas for our kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sick so I need help in buying presents for my kids

Post by Admin »

Good for you to start to help for holiday help now, in October. Sadly too many people wait until December or even the week before Christmas. Their chances are minimal. As far as you, use this for free Christmas toys in El Paso County Colorado. As there are a number of places you can try for your 3 kids.
Hailey wrote:Hello, my husband and I have 3 kids and we need help in buying them presents for the Christmas holiday.