Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Tips, ideas, and ways to increase your income or make money.
There are other job and income opportunities on NHPB. Look here for work from home jobs.
Helen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by Helen »

I'm a single mother of two children, I graduated high school in New Mexico and I'm having a very hard time finding a job! I'm homeless with my two children and I found an apartment but can't afford it. I only get $600.00 a month for cash assistance and the rent is $625.00 a month! I'm desperate and don't know what to do! Please help me.
Marimer

Re: Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by Marimer »

Hello good day, I am really looking for a job. I tried searching but did not get results because I have no social insurance. My husband, my son and I arrived a year ago in New Mexico. Right now we are already behind, and it is complicated as rent, unpaid bills and medicine are hurting us. I have thyroid issue, and I would like help with work from home. So I read maybe the babysitter situation is the one that suits me. I do not speak English too good, but I have a lot of willingness to learn, take courses or training necessary.
coffeemate

Re: Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by coffeemate »

Hello,
I have a situation that would like someone to take a look at, if possible. A little over a year ago at the end of April 2018, the company I was working for closed its doors and I am now jobless. In Albuquerque, NM I applied for unemployment insurance and initially was granted benefits. However, shortly thereafter, I received a notice telling me that after review I did not qualify. I received several letters, had conversations with the unemployment office and a phone hearing with an administrative judge. Nothing helped. I was told that I would have to get a lawyer if I wanted to pursue further action. I cannot easily afford one as I have no income from being jobless. I kept a file of all my dealings with the New Mexico DOWS. Would it be possible for someone in your office to review my situation and advice me on what further steps I may be taking to obtain at least some unemployment benefits.