Judge is ordering me to pay child support

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Tou99
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Judge is ordering me to pay child support

Post by Tou99 »

I have a very detailed and difficult case. The gist is, I was divorced in Georgia, I live in Ohio. When the child support was ordered by the judge, I was a severe alcoholic, unable to respond and homeless and unemployed much of the time. My ex told the court I made $750 a week at the time, when I never made more than $300...I finally got my life together, only to have a bad accident, resulting in major head trauma. I also have other major health issues, and I need extensive medical care.
But my social security is attached at 65%, leaving me $616 a month to live on. I can't even afford basic necessities, let alone medical help or prescriptions. I’m not arguing that I owe an arrearage on child support, I just want the payments adjusted so I can pay it off before I die. The person receiving the funds makes over $40.000 a year, plus the $702.66 a month they get from my sister. I can't hire an appellate attorney, and I tried to fix this nine years ago when the Georgia bureau of support took me to court in ohio.
But they continually refused to provide discovery, and the judge threw it out. I am unable to travel, both due to health and financial issues. It seems a shame to me that a father who finally gets things together and tries hard as he can gets swept under the rug with the reply from Georgia, that they refuse to try to modify an arrearage only case. I’ve never tried to run or hide from my obligation. I always go to the court as ordered by the judge. I just want to live....................my rent is behind, I haven't eaten for 2 days, my van is broken and out of gas. I don't know where to turn.
Namumura
anti spam: Blue

Re: Judge is ordering me to pay child support

Post by Namumura »

Had eviction court and have until the 30th to find a new place per the judge. It is myself and my 2 year old son. I am currently separated from his father and receiving $600 a month in child support (which is not the full judgement) and he as well as his sister help with other needs as much as possible but I currently have no power due to shut off from nonpayment because bill was at least $600 every other month.
I have applied for cash assistance through DSHS but denied due to the child support. I also currently have no way to make phone calls only Wi-Fi on my cell phone. I had just began work and 2 weeks after the disabled man I was care-taking ended up in hospital and now assisted living so back to being unemployed. I have always been independent until I had my son 2 years ago and since then obstrige to find work Sue to childcare and living situations. (I just lost my home to foreclosure and moved to this home in March and home has bed bugs and many health hazards- IE: mold, water leaking under house and more).
Stewards

Post by Stewards »

I have never had to ask for any type of help before. I am currently going through a divorce and through the provisional hearing I have joint custody of our 4 children and retain the house. She is supposed to pay child support but refuses.
I need help getting back on my feet for the next few months, at least until I can find a job that will let me work around the kids schedule. Or the judge takes some form of action. I'm responsible for the electric bill which I need to get in my name, water bill and mortgage which at this time is also in her name. I need help with all the above. Thank you for your time.
jo milling

Post by jo milling »

I live in Hedgesville WV with my partner and two children. We moved here because my partner received custody of his two children and the court ordered his ex to pay child support. We sold everything to make this happen. Bill found a job and we found a nice place to live and were able to keep the children in their school district things were good up until two weeks ago until he lost his job and now we could lose our housing. We are going back to the judge as the ex is not paying for the children or supporting them. I know he will find a job but we just need some help to get through. This is difficult for me as we have always gotten threw things and have never asked for help and now we need to. Any information would be thankful. I have enclosed my phone number.