Needing grant to repair basement

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
jwgddg
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Needing grant to repair basement

Post by jwgddg »

I am need of how to apply for a grant for my basement foundation. It is starting to crack and is beginning to "bow in" in the middle. This is a great concern due to if this fails, the house will fall in. We live in Fountain Inn, South Carolina a rural area. Can you assist with any information?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Needing grant to repair basement

Post by Admin »

Possibly. I think a couple options. Try USDA Rural Housing Programs. See section 504
The loan and grant program can assist qualified very low-income homeowners to make repairs to improve or modernize their home, to make their homes safer and sanitary or to remove health and safety hazards. Grants are available for repairs that remove health or safety hazards to qualified applicants 62 years of age or older.
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/sc/housing.htm

It can be a low or zero interest loan.

Another option may be weatherization programs. Contact your local community action agency and ask them for info on this program.

jwgddg wrote:I am need of how to apply for a grant for my basement foundation. It is starting to crack and is beginning to "bow in" in the middle. This is a great concern due to if this fails, the house will fall in. We live in Fountain Inn, South Carolina a rural area. Can you assist with any information?
Hook Paw
anti spam: Blue

Re: Needing grant to repair basement

Post by Hook Paw »

Seeing about getting assistance with moving to a safer place to live and out of the basement. Need help with the rent grant we can pay deposit for a new home. We just want a place that's the right size for amount of family members and don't have to worry about the snakes biting us in the unfinished basement that needs repairs. Are children when playing. Land lord will do nothing. They say call the animal control but animal control said it’s up to are landlord. We can't get no grants to help us.