High cost of housing in Chicago

Find how to get help with rent
Thomas1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

High cost of housing in Chicago

Post by Thomas1 »

Hello, I need to get some information how can I apply for rent assistance for my low income. But my used SSDI not make a lot money. I had hard time to pay bills, rent, foods, transportation, plus I am pregnant. I really need some help because Chicago is cost living high cause the food store expensive and apartment expensive and some others. I can't afford to pay for living myself, and unemployed. It hard for me for struggle for all my financial problem. I need some you’re HELP!!! This is not kidding and serious in matter. Please let me know ASAP.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: High cost of housing in Chicago

Post by Admin »

Well, there is nothing any charity or government agency can do with the cost of housing in Chicago. It is what it is. You can always more as no one is forcing you to live there. But if you need some support, you can try a food pantry or search sites such as Craiglist for affordable housing. So look into options like that, as they may be able to help you. Here is a major list of resources for the city too. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... g_and.html

Thomas1 wrote:Hello, I need to get some information how can I apply for rent assistance for my low income. But my used SSDI not make a lot money. I had hard time to pay bills, rent, foods, transportation, plus I am pregnant. I really need some help because Chicago is cost living high cause the food store expensive and apartment expensive and some others. I can't afford to pay for living myself, and unemployed. It hard for me for struggle for all my financial problem. I need some you’re HELP!!! This is not kidding and serious in matter. Please let me know ASAP.
David145

Post by David145 »

Help with rent and housing in Chicago. I have already contacted numerous churches, lift and Salvation Army, none of these can help with the costs I am faced with. I am 6 months behind on rent & at risk for eviction. I have never had to ask for help, had a lot of unexpected things happen this year. So I am not sure where to go for help. I have 3 children, I work full time, and I don't receive any type of assistance. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Of course no agency, include the Salvation Army in Chicago, can help when 6 months behind on rent. That is way too much. Shocked a landlord would allow it too. You will need to move into a new home, with friends, family, or something else.
David145 wrote:Help with rent and housing in Chicago. I have already contacted numerous churches, lift and Salvation Army, none of these can help with the costs I am faced with. I am 6 months behind on rent & at risk for eviction. I have never had to ask for help, had a lot of unexpected things happen this year. So I am not sure where to go for help. I have 3 children, I work full time, and I don't receive any type of assistance. Thanks.
MDouglas

Post by MDouglas »

Just recently moved to Chicago and me and my family are presently homeless due to cost of housing. Me and my girlfriend have 4 children and need assistance with a temporary shelter. The homeless shelters are full, no available spot for the amount of people in my family. I have an apartment lined up for us to move into. The landlord is willing to work with us, and we desperately need help with a deposit for our housing. We can't stay with family members, as they would get evicted if we stay with them. I need help with a hotel voucher for a few days until we can get the money situation figured out. Please respond ASAP. Thank you cordially,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Housing is getting more expensive nationwide, especially in big cities like Chicago and in high quality of life areas, such as Mt Pleasant and countless others. But there are many resources in Cook County, ranging from section 8 to financial aid, counseling, job training for higher incomes and more.
MDouglas wrote:Just recently moved to Chicago and me and my family are presently homeless due to cost of housing.