Achilles tendon injury

State and local government assistance programs.
Momar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Achilles tendon injury

Post by Momar »

I tore my Achilles tendon, outside of work. Was working for a temp service. I have no income and need monetary help until September of this year, when I can go back to work. The money would go towards rent and electric bill. My rent is $635/month, electric around $100. I've been to SS office and was informed that I don't qualify.
Agencies want an eviction notice, I don't see the logic of almost getting evicted for the next 4 months in a row, plus you can only go to them for assistance once every 6 months. I was offered a permanent position at Goodwill Construction in Charlotte, NC, where I was working as a temp, when I recover so I will be able to support myself after September. I just need temporary assistance while I heal from Achilles repair surgery.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Achilles tendon injury

Post by Admin »

While we are not 100% sure (and can't speak to your case) many states require people who get hurt at a workplace (even if at a temp agency) they can go on disability or FMLA. This can provide some short term relief. Maybe talk to an employment attorney too. Otherwise find details on the Family Medical Leave Act.
Momar wrote:I tore my Achilles tendon, outside of work. Was working for a temp service.