Money or way to relocate

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
DING1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money or way to relocate

Post by DING1 »

Hi,
I am an unemployed single male living in New York looking to move South ASAP to find work. Do you happen to know of any private organizations that can help me locate a really inexpensive apartment? I am ready to relocate as far South as Texas if i have to but would rather go to North Carolina, or Virginia for now. I am on a tight budget and the shorter the trip, the better. Any tip or grant money for moving is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.
bluegourami3

Re: Money or way to relocate

Post by bluegourami3 »

I know what you mean, I'm ready to move south soon, just finished school, Delaware doesn't have any jobs, but North Carolina does in my field of bookkeeping. I'm not ready to move yet, but I will hopefully in the next 2-3 years, anyway answer to your question, I don't know of any organizations that help with relocation, but I would first go on Craigslist, look up the city and state you want to relocate to, find a roommate situation first, where you can split rent, since money will be tight, and get a feel for the area you might want to live, also post a ad for looking for someone that might be going that way, and would like a travel buddy, to split the cost of gas.
Mueller
anti spam: Blue

Post by Mueller »

Hello. I am wanting to find emergency help to relocate and find housing in Colorado springs. My daughter is currently pregnant with an at risk child. The child has deformities and according to doctors is not expected to survive so all we can do is pray and put it in gods hands.
Her situation is, her and her boyfriend got into an argument and she broke something of his and he called the cops and put a restraining order on her. Needless to say once she was released he picked her up and took her home.
The problem is, now he uses that against her so she cannot call the police. He has began choking her and each time he does she has to go to the hospital for the baby's sake. She cannot report the domestic violence because again he will use the restraining order against her and she will go to jail and she cant have that with her at risk baby.
I financially cannot help get her moved up here because I recently lost my job due to my illness and my housing situation would make it to uncomfortable for all of us. She also has a 4 year old daughter to care for. I have read that there are grants for emergency situation so I am asking if there are grants if there is anyway she could receive this assistance to relocate closer to her special needs doctor and for housing before her or the baby are hurt. She would be relocating from Denver. Please respond if the grants are available to help her.
Gump

Post by Gump »

Florida
Hello, I'm in immediate need of help with money. I just got kicked out of my house I was renting a room from friends of a friend. Well my friend got arrested the other night so the owners of the house are kicking me and my boyfriend out. We have no where to go and need to relocate.
My boyfriend just started back up with this job he has but doesn't get paid until Fridays. We have been sleeping in his truck for the past two nights. We have been asking people if we maybe could borrow money until he gets paid on Friday but so far we have no luck. If there's anyone that we could get help from to pay for a hotel for a week that would be greatly appreciated. I hope to hear something soon please. Thank you and have a blessed day. :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There may be relocation assistance and homeless prevention in Oakland County. The federal government and county may offer financial help, security deposit assistance, and other resources for you. Also, be sure you and your boyfriend work.
Gump wrote:Florida
Hello, I'm in immediate need of help with money. I just got kicked out of my house I was renting a room from friends of a friend. Well my friend got arrested the other night so the owners of the house are kicking me and my boyfriend out. We have no where to go and need to relocate.