Massachusetts assistance programs

State and local government assistance programs.
ShaunaM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Massachusetts assistance programs

Post by ShaunaM »

I am still trying to pay my winter heating bills, and now am behind on rent and credit card debt. What can I do? there is so much information out there when you google, I need a way to find more specific assistance and programs for Massachusetts.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Massachusetts assistance programs

Post by Admin »

Try this programs for heating bill help in MA. The Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program offers free heating oil. You can get up to 100 gallons per year. Another Mass resource is The Citizens Energy / Distrigas Heat Assistance Program which will give you a $150 utility bill credit to eligible households who heat with natural gas. The program is run by Citizens Energy as well, and they are the major gas company in Massachusetts.
TracieT

Post by TracieT »

I’m looking for some help with paying my rent and catching up my light bill. I’m to the point of Eviction and my power from a Massachusetts utility company is about to get turned off. I do have a job but I only get paid 100-125$ per week. If you can send me some information on what to do I would appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many eviction prevention, utility bill, and other programs available in Massachusetts. If you do have a job, a company may be willing to offer a payment plan. That income is very low though, so you need more money. Try a second job too, and we also have info on job placement in Massachusetts. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Trichet

Post by Trichet »

I'm disabled so I'm on a fixed income in Worcester Massachusetts. Between myself and my son, we only get $1496/month and my rent is $1050/month. That doesn't leave me with much after I pay my bills. My family and I are being evicted and have to leave before the New Year starts. We're going to have to put all of our things in storage which I don't have the money to pay for it. We're going to have to go to the shelter.
I am hoping that we'll be placed near my family's doctors. My son is special needs and is in a special education school. I don't have any money to give my family any kind of a Xmas. Please help us. Thank you and have a very blessed weekend.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No agency will pay for a shelter in Worcester. Put your things in a friends or relatives house, such as your sister. As far as the other support you need, here are agencies to try. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
Getting almost $1500 for disability is actually much higher than the national average, so that is a positive. You need to move to a less expensive home, or move in with roommates, friends, etc. Good luck.
Trichet wrote:I'm disabled so I'm on a fixed income in Worcester Massachusetts.
Oaker

Post by Oaker »

I am an Attleboro Massachusetts resident. I am reaching out to you today to find out about possible rental and energy assistance application or some sort of financial assistance. My family is in a crisis. My fiancé' was injured on the job 1 year ago and is disabled. We are pending worker's comp for him but, the process is taking forever and we are now 3 months behind on our rent and bills and also need food. There are children in the home and I found your information online.
If there aren't any financial aid programs through here can you recommend a place for me to try?
Would appreciate it.
Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on financial assistance in Bristol County. There are state of Massachusetts energy programs and local rent help from charities in Attleboro. Also of course food pantries, crisis support and more.
Oaker wrote:I am an Attleboro Massachusetts resident. I am reaching out to you today to find out about possible rental and energy assistance application or some sort of financial assistance. My family is in a crisis.
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

Hi,
I have an 8 year old son.  He is on the third and goes to Joseph Chamberlin school on
Taunton MA 02780.
He was in special behavior program in school this  year but   was  unfortunately he didn’t have a great start but we are working on it.
I just moved to be relocated to Massachusetts on my job past week.
Because on some behavior problems off my son  and now I lost my position and I am  working at part time looking for a full time job in Massachusetts.
We are living in Taunton Massachusetts, we are in transition to move.  I just got relocated on my job .
Sorry for the delay but I don’t know what to do to give him a better Christmas the last year. For starters I am working over night.
 But I am facing some problems.
And thanksgiving is going to be trouble ready. I really would you like that HIS Christmas COULD be BETTER.
Sorry I am drop this at you. I’m just goggling for help if you could help me your give me a light how can I appreciated.
OK please let me know.
Thank you very much.
Taunton MA 02780
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe look into the free daycare programs in Massachusetts. They can help 8 year olds provided that the parents income is low enough and they qualify. There are approved day care providers in Taunton that work with children.
Savannah wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:48 am Hi,
I have an 8 year old son.  He is on the third and goes to Joseph Chamberlin school on
Taunton MA 02780.
He was in special behavior program in school this  year but   was  unfortunately he didn’t have a great start but we are working on it.
I just moved to be relocated to Massachusetts on my job past week.
Thank you very much.
Taunton MA 02780
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

Hello,
I am emailing in regard to my mother and father who live in Massachusetts (my mother doesn’t know where to start, so I offered her my help)
They are both over 60 years old and live in Malden Massachusetts. Low income (SSI, retirement etc...)
Two adult sons live there (but don’t help at all)
They need help with oil for heating the house, food, electricity, and other things.
Please help guide me in the right direction for anything that could be of help in Massachusetts, money has been tight and it can be hard to ask others for help.
Thanks
Heather