Developmental delay disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Jillian
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Developmental delay disability

Post by Jillian »

I am a 36 year old single/disabled mother of 1 son who also has a developmental delay disability and I do receive disability as he does. That totals to $1,468.00 monthly between us both and I receive $64.00 in SNAP benefits monthly as well. I am having an extremely hard time paying bills and I have been trying my hardest not to seek help as I know there are others who have it tougher but I am now struggling to pay basic bills, rent, basic needs (such as clothes, personal products etc.) And have had to use my only 2 credit cards I have had for years to make it through a month.
If I could get referrals and/or help to catch up or if there are grants/loans I can apply for that would help me once again become independent. Interest rates alone are terrible on my cards but I had no choice due to coming up short on funds after rent, car note, and insurance plus basic bills. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
I have had my disability since birth (bronchial palsy)due from doctor using forceps incorrectly and causing me to have severe nerve/muscle damage and having no use of my left arm at all and because of using only 1 arm my entire life is caused over usage and now tendinitis in my right arm and hand which is causing my only functioning arm to become extremely weak and painful and cannot work at all because of it. Please if you can help me in any way possible I will be most grateful. Also if there is any resource to help with lower car insurance and possibly help with car note please inform me of those agencies. I will be grateful for any help I can get no matter how small. I appreciate you taking your time to address my email.
Marisa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Developmental delay disability

Post by Marisa »

I just recently got kicked out of my boyfriend’s mom’s house as I am disabled. I'm now staying in a hotel paying 270 a week. I get paid 360 weekly. It's hard for me to pay for my gas, food and supplies for work clothes etc. I would never ask for help normally but I'm down and out right now and my developmental disability is stopping me from working a real job. Just need some help till I'm back on my feet and in an apartment?