Behind on bills due to medical leave

State and local government assistance programs.
Cuse
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Behind on bills due to medical leave

Post by Cuse »

Hello,
I am a single mother of two. Two sons 4 and 15. I was in a car accident in 2010. Since that time I have had to take medical leave from work several times due to injuries and illness. I have currently been off work since late 2011, I received disability thru my work up to recently at which time they denied it going forward as they didn't receive the needed records from my doctors. I am in the middle of appealing that as I am still not able to return to work and just had to have a surgical procedure yesterday in attempts to figure out what is wrong with me. With this I find that my Electric and heat is about to be shut off and I don't have the money to pay it, my rent was do the beginning of November and I don't have it nor do I have the rent money for December which is coming do in a little over a week. I haven't been able to buy any of my kids a Birthday present or Christmas present in the last two years. I am at the end of my rope and don't know how to keep from ending up homeless or how I explain to my 4 year old why yet again Santa didn't come to our house. Is there anyone or any program that can help me. Please!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Behind on bills due to medical leave

Post by Admin »

Since you need with both electricity bills as well as Christmas and holiday gifts, try calling your local community action agency. They may offer assistance for both of those needs. Other options may include local Salvation Army and programs such as Angel Tree and toys for tots. The Salvation Army may also have funds or grants for electric bill too.
Cuse wrote:Hello,
I am a single mother of two. Two sons 4 and 15. I was in a car accident in 2010. Since that time I have had to take medical leave from work several times due to injuries and illness. I have currently been off work since late 2011, I received disability thru my work up to recently at which time they denied it going forward as they didn't receive the needed records from my doctors. I am in the middle of appealing that as I am still not able to return to work and just had to have a surgical procedure yesterday in attempts to figure out what is wrong with me. With this I find that my Electric and heat is about to be shut off and I don't have the money to pay it, my rent was do the beginning of November and I don't have it nor do I have the rent money for December which is coming do in a little over a week. I haven't been able to buy any of my kids a Birthday present or Christmas present in the last two years. I am at the end of my rope and don't know how to keep from ending up homeless or how I explain to my 4 year old why yet again Santa didn't come to our house. Is there anyone or any program that can help me. Please!!!
Overnight

Post by Overnight »

I live in Texas. I am 70-years of age and disabled by severe Asthma. My asthma is very bad. I retired in 2011due to my health and have been working part-time from home since. However my work went away in January and I can't find anything. I work from home because I can keep the air pure enough with HEPA air purifiers to stay out of the hospital. We are a family of five we have a combined income of $2600 per month but it takes $4300 per month. I have been making up the difference from savings and putting things on credit cards. Disaster is about two months away. My wife is 52-years and in poor health. In addition, her education level is 10th grade. She is a home maker and that is about the best she can do. My son is in his last year of college and I support her to. I am sure there are many ways to get assistance. We are all US citizens. I won't be able to pay any income tax this year. I have talked to the IRS and I think they are going to cut me some slack. I have no real estate or other significant assets aside from my 2010 Chevy Malibu and personal belongings. Hopefully you folks can counsel me and assist me in finding the resources to avoid disaster. Please, I am overwhelmed! Very best regards.
LtDan

Post by LtDan »

I have a coworker has been put on workman’s comp. Therefore they have cut her hours to almost nothing!! She is the first one to be sent home everyday when we're overstaffed!! She may as well go on leave. She has 4 kids and one husband who is looking for a job. The youngest child is 4 years old with severe autism!!! She doesn't ask for handouts ever!! She has over Came cancer At that age in her 30's! She is a very hardworking and loving mother to her 4-year-old son who has severe autism!! And her three other children.

She's very scared right now because they have no way to pay any of their bills this month Including rent and utilities. This also means they don't have a single present for Christmas!! I am desperately looking for ways to make sure they are taking care of this month!! I just found out how about her situation as yesterday when I put gas in her vehicle to be able to even make it home from work. She never asked for money but when I sat in her car she didn't even register in a few low on her fuel gauge. So I put $15 which is all I had in it.

I am hoping and praying we are going to be able to get her for bicycles brand new for Christmas for her children. This is as far as I've gotten in one day. I am begging anyone for help to help me help her and her family!! The words of think you could not say enough to be able to get some help for her and her family!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Umm, if they can't afford to pay the rent or utilities then Christmas should be the very last things on their mind. Would you rather be homeless, or have a bike for a kid? There should be no question as to what the prioirty is. There are programs that provide
help in Stanislaus County that the co-worker can try. Also, if she is on short term workers comp, she should try to apply for disability. At least start the process as it could months to be approved.
Povidence

Post by Povidence »

I'm an Honorably Discharged veteran of the USAF and was in Operation Desert Storm. I was in a serious car accident on January 12th of this year. I have not worked since then due injuries sustained in the accident. I spent six weeks in the hospital for my injuries and was on medical leave. Due to only collecting temporary disability insurance from the state of NJ, I have fallen a month and a half behind on my rent and bills. I have never needed assistance before and I don't know what to do. I need help to pay the rent that has fallen behind.
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

To whom it may concern:      I find myself coming to a crossroads of what steps I should take. Last March 31st, 2019, due to a lot of pain I was experiencing, was forced to take a Medical Leave of Absence. This would only last one month, as I was let go, with a letter which I was told that I voluntary resigned. This left me in the cold, with no unemployment insurance, but little Short-Term and Now Long-Term Disability from my former employer. This also meant that I had to buy Medical Insurance. I was going to physical therapy 2 to 3 times a week and other medical doctors, at least 2 to 3 times a month. So this past year, I have been charging everything to be able to continue medical treatments. Got my Left Shoulder Surgery in October 2014, then rehab again, with other medical concerns to add to it. Being desperate, I took out whatever I had in my IRA, hoping it would give me more time. I have been managing to pay the minimum every month, but you know, with the interest, it's like I'm not really paying anything. I recently changed Medical Plans, to one of Medicaid; I've just started getting "Food Stamps" ($16 for the month, if you want to call that help). In the meantime, I have to wait 15 months or more for my Social Security Appeal to go through, which would save me right now.      So the question that I've been forced to face; do I hang in there a few month longer, in hopes I get my Social Security Appeal and all of the back pay or do I pull the trigger and apply for bankruptcy or is there another option, I'm not aware about. I was told by one firm, that it would cost $2500 to apply for bankruptcy. How do I pay for something I don't have when I am on Medical Leave of Absence? In less than 2 weeks, I will start being late with certain payments, until my next Long Term payment around the 26th. My checking account will be under $25 in about a week.     I live in Wantagh and would like to meet to talk about my situation. I have created a spreadsheet to explain my current financial situation. There is more to my story, but can't give you everything in this format. I prefer to be contacted by e-mail, and then I could call you back. I've been getting a lot of spam calls lately and have to monitor it. Also, with my arthritis, it's very hard for me to have a long conversation over the phone. If you wish, you can leave me a voice message about going on Medical Leave. I would appreciate a response one way or another.
Aiken

Post by Aiken »

My name is Ashley, I am a single mother of 2 boys, I am a resident of Metairie, Louisiana. I was recently placed on medical leave from my job due to high blood pressure and seizures. I am having so much trouble finding assistance here on my own I’ve been on each and every link I imagined or was related. I pay $700 per month for rent so if you guys can please refer me in the right direction for some help while on Medical leave it would be greatly appreciated.
Hyuandai

Post by Hyuandai »

I've been searching for information for a few days now and can't seem to find any solid help as we are on medical leave and not behind bills. My family and I have been having a rough few months. My mom has been on medical leave for about 6 months now and is fighting to get social security, I work 40 hours a week(sometimes more or even less) and am going through some custody issues with my 2 kids who live with us and have been for over 6 months now but do not have legal custody because I cannot afford the lawyer or paperwork.
I need to get it taken care of. So, while I'm taking care of my mom and 2 kids. I get no help from welfare and still have to pay $80 a week in child support for kids I take complete care of. We are falling way behind on rent and bills but I cannot seem to find anybody or any assistance to help us at all due to the medical leave. I am getting pretty desperate and don't know what to do next. So, if you have any thoughts or ideas at all on something I can do or somewhere that will actually help someone on medical leave with bills I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you